Can some help me build a regimen for these kids hair?

Blue_Berry

Can some help me build a regimen for these kids hair? PLZ HELP!

Edit: Just to get straight to the point.

These girls hair is chemical over process, flat iron, and has no moisture. Their hair is breaking off badly.

Can someone please help me build a regimen for these girls hair?

Can anyone lists products or techniques?

Thanks Ladies :)

Last edited:
If mom doesn't want to put the work in, I would gear my suggestions towards the teenager and teaching her about the need for moisture and putting her and the girls' hair in protective styles (for atleast a week at a time). And being that there are so many girls, maybe she can alternate wash week for each girl, as to not be overwhelmed by hair every week.

My care package would include:
Wide Tooth Combs
Creme of Nature Shampoo
Deep Conditioner (if the girls are tolerant enough to sit for this process)
Treseme Leave-in
Spray Bottles (for the Treseme)
Creme Hair Dress (which has water as the first ingredient)
Hair Pins (some cute & girl plus the regular ones)
Big Scrunchi Ponytail Holders (so that the smaller versions don't get tangled)

and maybe add a book that has kid styles and point out to the teenager which would be the best to use for protective styling.

But be sure to explain why we protective style and use low manipulation. I don't think that is a commonly discussed area of hair (outside of the hair boards)

Last edited:
Hmmmm... The book for hairstyles sounds interesting. I hope they can keep up with the regimen. They really are not to big on hair care, but they do want long hair.

Blueberry, did you try WestNDNbeauty's suggestion? I think the reason no one else has posted is that sounds pretty good and we are waiting for feedback after you try it so we know how else you can tweak what you're doing.

Alternatively, if you decided you didn't like that suggestion, what did you opt to do? Again, unless we know what we've tried, it's kinda hard to make suggestions because again, we can't tell what it is you're doing or not doing that could be causing problems.

Blueberry, did you try WestNDNbeauty's suggestion? I think the reason no one else has posted is that sounds pretty good and we are waiting for feedback after you try it so we know how else you can tweak what you're doing.

Alternatively, if you decided you didn't like that suggestion, what did you opt to do? Again, unless we know what we've tried, it's kinda hard to make suggestions because again, we can't tell what it is you're doing or not doing that could be causing problems.

Nonie, I really do like WestNDNbeauty suggest. I built a regimen base on this, but I want to see if there was any other advice or technique out there. I am still gather products up for them. I'm going to make it a gift basket for each girl. These are not my kids, but my friend.

Prepoo - olive, coconut oil, or jojoba oil
Shampoo - Roux Alpha 5in1
Conditioner - Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose for 15 mins
Detangle before rinsing out and then rinse
hawiian silky 14 in 1
melted shea butter or coconut oil or a cream by qhemet, darcy, or shescentit
Twist or braid
cover with satin cap or use satin pillowcases

Did to ever find a regimen?

Yes, I did.... I am going to follow your regimen. It is going to be a christmas present for them. I am glad they found someone in their family who is a stylist who is able to do their hair. I love how he push them in using the conditioner, because they never really condition their hair.

Oh, I forgot to mention I gave them some Nu-gro products. They been using it & I can tell a difference in their hair. They hair lesser splits & their hair grew just a little bit.

Back