Can "Search" be enhanced?

Sweetyb

Can \"Search\" be enhanced?

I love searching the boards for my questions that may have already been answered in the past. But when I search for any given topic with the "subject only" option, it will pull up a given thread and each and every response to that thread "Re:...". Is there any way I can just search for the "main subject only"?

Thanks!

Re: Can \"Search\" be enhanced?

No, I haven't been, but I just tried it with the "+" sign and it still pulls up all of the "Re:" to each thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetyb said:
I love searching the boards for my questions that may have already been answered in the past. But when I search for any given topic with the "subject only" option, it will pull up a given thread and each and every response to that thread "Re:...". Is there any way I can just search for the "main subject only"?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
Try using in subject AND body. This always works much better since the subject name could be anything and not what's in the actual body!

Also remember to change the search period to Newer that (say) 1 Month or 1 Year. It is set to search within the last 1 week by default, which is why you only get the latest responses (Re:...) and very limited ones at that; so you have to expand the search period to get better results.
smile.gif

At first I didn't understand what you all were talking about, now I see. Even if I am specific, I get hundreds of unrelated posts. It is very annoying.

Wooo hoo! I finally figured it out this week... just thought I'd 'bump' this for the purpose of sharing
wink.gif

If I want to search for a one word topic, let's say "dryers", I'll put:

+dryers -Re:

I will also select "Subject" (mainly because I know what I'm looking for). See, this way, I get the topics that I want, without the "Re:" responses, ya know?

I love it, my topic writing days are ov-a... hee hee hee, just kidding. Thanks all for your help!!

Hey! I'm glad I read this thread. I didn't know that the +'s would condense the search. Thanks ladies!
grin.gif

Back