Can nail growth be an indicator of > hair growth?

pressncurl

Since I started taking biotin in July, I've been having to cut my nails every week because they are growing super fast. I think it's because of the biotin, but I can't say for sure.

Anyhoo, I haven't measured how much my hair has grown yet b/c I've been wearing unpressed/braidout hair pretty much all summer. I think hair may be growing quite a bit since my nails are.

Does anyone know whether nail growth and hair growth are linked? Or do some people notice their nails growing long while their hair is doing nothing (or vice versa)?

Since I started taking biotin/MSM regularly my nails have been growing way faster and stronger, but my hair is not growing comparably faster
angry2.gif

Having nice natural nails is great though...

I have the same experience too it seems as though the nails absord the biotin faster than my hair because I get less result for my hair

hmmmmmm, my nails have always grow fast but weak ( easily breaks) I wonder is that what happends to my hair. I started taking msm and calcium maybe that will strengthen both...hmmmm

My nails have always grown fast and healthy but I'm noticing that I need to cut them every week instead of every whenever I feel like it. I feel like I literally saw growth in my nails from friday to sunday this past weekend. I hope my hair growth rate has increased at the same pace!

While I'm not taking any vitamins but i have noticed an increase in my nail growth along with my hair. During the past four-five weeks, my nails have grown to a point to where they've never been! During these same weeks I've noticed that my hair has grown a half inch to an inch in some areas!

As result of my biotin intake my hair and nails have definetely been growing faster. My nails are whiter too.

Re: Can nail growth be an indicator of > hair grow

Same here...nails growing faster than usual and I have to cut them every so often.
smile.gif
My hair is growing too, but I'm not sure if it's growing as fast as my nails are. Well...my bangs are!

I think that my nails and hair are both growing faster due to the biotin.

i always noticed that people w/ the thickest, healthiest, and longest hair had really stong and long nails. i don't know if they were taking vitamins but i always assumed that having long and strong nails were an indicator of your hair provided that you are frying it up with chemicals and heat. since i began taking vitamins my nails are stronger and grow much faster

[ QUOTE ]
How much biotin are you taking to get the nail growth?

[/ QUOTE ]

I take 2mg biotin/day -- 1mg in morning, 1mg at night. I started taking it for my hair. The nails are just a surprise bonus!

Back