Can it Get Any Worse?

MelloYello

I am soooo sad! My hair is in the worst condition it has ever been. I have hair that is underprocessed, overprocessed and just a mess.
More importantly I am starting to have breakage
frown.gif

I came home from the gym tonight and washed my hair... lots of stands at the drain... I then used a leave in and some mosturizer, lots of long strands coming out in my hands and comd.
I don't know what to do - I have definitely decided to transition... any advice on what I should do to control the brekage? what's best for all these textures? any reccomendations on an effective routine while I am transitioning to prevent me from going bald?

- a very MelloYello

If it's breaking, try a strong protein treatment, and follow with a heavy moisturizing conditioner.

Also, try the manipulate your hair less, and/or use protective styles.

Good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
MelloYello said:
I am soooo sad! My hair is in the worst condition it has ever been. I have hair that is underprocessed, overprocessed and just a mess.
More importantly I am starting to have breakage
frown.gif

I came home from the gym tonight and washed my hair... lots of stands at the drain... I then used a leave in and some mosturizer, lots of long strands coming out in my hands and comd.
I don't know what to do - I have definitely decided to transition... any advice on what I should do to control the brekage? what's best for all these textures? any reccomendations on an effective routine while I am transitioning to prevent me from going bald?

- a very MelloYello

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a protein treatment followed by a conditioner is the way to go. Also try leaving your hair in one protective style for at least a week. That will give your hair and scalp a rest, and that'll also make it so you won't be upset every time you comb your hair.

By the way, things can always get worse, but if you give your hair lots of TLC, your situation should get better. I don't know if you've ever gotten some blood tests done, but it always helps to make sure your iron level isn't too low---low iron levels can cause a lot of shedding, so can a lot of stress, so make sure you don't get too worked up about your present situation.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Congrats on your business!
up.gif

Re the hair, B vitamins are good for hair growth, shedding, and relieving overall stress. If you're not already on a vitamin regimen, maybe you should start with a multi vitamin and a B complex. Puritan's Pride is pretty popular brand on the board (www.puritan.com), but if that doesn't work, try doing a search, which should also return lots of results. A good vitamin and the protein treatment/moisturizing conditioner combination should help a lot.

Good luck
smile.gif

Back