Can I use a regular conditioner as a leave in?

Ericka

Now today I washed and lightly conditioned my hair with Redken Clear Moisture and Goldwell moisture conditioner, then brushed it back into a ponytail. I applied some wax works by Paul Mitchel to the front and back and then a scarf to hold down the edges.

My question is, is it ok to leave a regular conditioner in your hair without rinsing it out?? Now I done this a few hours ago and my hair is almost dry now and my ponytail feels really soft. I just want to make sure that this is ok to do.

TIA

Thanks for the quick reply. No neither conditioner was a protein conditioner, they both were moisture conditioners.

You sure can. I've done this plenty of times before (just to get a switch from my regular leave in conditioner).

yup i do it too, but I like using a water based conditioner like suave or v05 so there's no product build up or no itches

Did it for a short while with NEXXUS regular conditioner but I'm back to NEXXUS HEADDRESS LEAVE-IN...I found rinse out conditioner was not the same effect..kinda dulling.

yup i do it too, but I like using a water based conditioner like suave or v05 so there's no product build up or no itches

Yeah, these are great, I also put dilute them in my spray bottles and spritz my hair daily to give it a nice smell between washings.

Yeah, these are great, I also put dilute them in my spray bottles and spritz my hair daily to give it a nice smell between washings.

That's a great idea. I'm going to try that tomorrow since I plan on wearing my hair in this puff for the next few days.

This is what I've been doing lately. Love the spray bottle idea. I use water and Suave Humectant then a dime size of conditioner *suave humectant* on my ends and seal with Kemi Oyl, Olive or Coconut Oil. I only use conditioner in hair when I'm bunning though *which is 99.9 percent of the time :rolleyes:*

Now today I washed and lightly conditioned my hair with Redken Clear Moisture and Goldwell moisture conditioner, then brushed it back into a ponytail. I applied some wax works by Paul Mitchel to the front and back and then a scarf to hold down the edges.

My question is, is it ok to leave a regular conditioner in your hair without rinsing it out?? Now I done this a few hours ago and my hair is almost dry now and my ponytail feels really soft. I just want to make sure that this is ok to do.

TIA
Yes. I think there's a thread about a woman with waist length hair who always does this, and adds it to her ends whenever they're dry. I started this and noticed my ends never split and my length is retained as I grow to it's fullest amount. Anyways I agree w/ others. Make sure it's moisturizing. I love shescentit.com's avocado (she's a member of this site) conditioner, but of course andy moisturizing non protein would be great.

I think I may try this with my conditioner but watered down like a previous poster stated. Just wanted to know has anyone tried this method with creme of nature mositurizing conditioner (purple label), or any Herbal Essences products (LTR, or Hello Hydration) I have 4a/b thick hair and would like some suggestions as to which wash out conditioners I could use for this method

TIA

i just recently started doing this... the "post your best hair pic" thread shows my results. i :love: it

When leaving the rinse out condish in your hair does anyone experience it leaving the hair white or any build up on top of the hair as it dries? I plan on trying this with my creme of nature moisturizing condish(purple label)

When leaving the rinse out condish in your hair does anyone experience it leaving the hair white or any build up on top of the hair as it dries? I plan on trying this with my creme of nature moisturizing condish(purple label)

nope. i did this with V05 and with TJ Nourish. so if CON doesn't work for ya, know that there are other conditioners that will. (although i think you'll be fine :yep: )

nope. i did this with V05 and with TJ Nourish. so if CON doesn't work for ya, know that there are other conditioners that will. (although i think you'll be fine :yep: )
I think i may give this a try tommrow when i wash but im going to dilute it with water its a bit thick can't wait to try this i don't know why im so excited to do this but iam......As you can see im kinda bored over here its a holiday today in Canada

I love using Elucence or Nexxus Humectin as a leave-in conditioner they both leave hair soft and silky.

This sounds great....has anyone used Jasons' thin-to-thick conditioner as a leave in?

...I'm always in braids extentions

I just started doing this again recently after my co-washes and I love it. Don't really know why I stopped. I use Nexxus Humectress, Pantene Hydrating Curls, or Hello Hydration. They all leave me with well moisturized hair and curls. No complaints. I added coconut oil to the HH yesterday and loved it! :grin: My hair is still nice and soft.

Back