Can I switch to a Motions relaxer w/o going bald?

auntesther

I've been using Creme of Nature relaxers and doing touch ups at home, but i've been eyeballing the Motions relaxer. Can I use Motions for my next touch up w/o a professional or is this a no-no?
confused.gif

Yes, you can switch and you should be ok. Just follow the regular precautions that you use for any relaxer application. Best of luck to you!
wave.gif

Thanks, Pebbles.
wave.gif
I'm skerrrd, but I'll proceed with caution. I've made so much progress with the condition of my hair since hanging out here at the LHCF, I don't want any mishaps. I'll let you all know how it goes.
grin.gif

After you apply the relaxer, I recommend you use the Motions Oil Moisturizer protein conditioner. It's a great conditioner.
smile.gif

That's what I'll do, Pebbles! I saw it at the bss near me. Thanks for the good wishes, too, Karonica. Now in about a week, if y'all do a websearch and find that Auntesther is a moderator for the new "Jacked Up Hair Care Forum", you'll know I messed it up.
down.gif
eh, eh, eh. . . not that funny.

[ QUOTE ]
auntesther said:
That's what I'll do, Pebbles! I saw it at the bss near me. Thanks for the good wishes, too, Karonica. Now in about a week, if y'all do a websearch and find that Auntesther is a moderator for the new "Jacked Up Hair Care Forum", you'll know I messed it up.
down.gif
eh, eh, eh. . . not that funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!
rofl.gif
I'm sure that won't happen!
laugh.gif

I want to switch to one too. I have waited over 8 weeks and my hair is NAPPY!!! Ha, ha. I was trying to wait longer and to do extra conditioning before I switched (I was getting Affirm sensitive scalp which my beautician would rake through my entire head) so I want to get something that I can put in myself. Are you going to get lye or no lye?

WATCH OUT FOR MOTIONS RELAXER!!!!
naughty.gif
One of the reasons why I HAD to go natural is because my beautician and so-called "friend" insisted that I use Motions. It gradually took my hair out on the sides and in the back. I mean, my hair was so badly damaged and brittle that even Aphogee could not repair it. I eventually ended up doing the BIG CHOP last year and my hair has never been so healthy. And as a natural, it is grown back beautifully and continues to grow. I now have anywhere between 7 and 9" of healthy, naturally curly hair...up from less than 1.5 inch from last August!!!
kissing4.gif

Keez: Lye.
Loverofnaps: No lie?

Uh-oh. Maybe I better do a little more research on this one. I've made too much progress to mess up now. . .
scratchchin.gif

I used Motions my last touch up. Before that I was using Optimum Care lye and no lye. I basically switched back and forth depending on how much money I had at the time. I think as long as you don't overlap, overprocess, or under neutralize, you should be fine. I have not had any adverse reactions and I am currently 2 weeks post relaxer. I used Motions Oil moisturizer relaxer mild. And I believe that I timed it for 20 mins for application and smoothing. I did not burn, but it was strange, using a silk protein conditioner before shampooing with neutralizer. It did make my hair feel nice though. I am not using it as part of my regular regime though. But I did have very good results.

well i have been using motions for a long while and i always get wonderful results....i totally cant complain, i have been using motions for years now.......

I use Motions when I do my own touch ups and I haven't had any problems with it. I agree with the person who said it feels strange to use the Moisture Plus Conditioner before the neutralizing shampoo. However, these are what the instructions say.

<font color="blue"> </font> Thanks Asummertyme, Karezone, and SoniT for the positive replies. I think I'm going to go ahead and try it, but I'll get a friend to help. <font color="blue"> </font>
wink.gif

Back