Can I straighten my hair once a week?

drkc01

Is there anyway I can straighten my hair once a week and still have growth?

What products should I use?

How do I keep my hair straight?

flat iron or electric press comb?

Straightening hair once a week wont stop your growth. You should use heat protectant (whether it helps or not is a whole other convo)
Ceramic irons only...
Just understand that you risk heat damage if you use too much heat. Everyones hair can only take a certain amount of heat. What my/your hair can take and not be damaged is going to be different from everyone else- but its not worth experimenting either. I would suggest not putting your ceramic on high.
As far as keeping it straight- wrapping your hair.

Rollersetting might be your best bet. Try to limit the direct heat, and use a heat protectant. Resist the urge to "touch up" your roots during the week with a flat iron or hot comb.

There is a thread on BHM in the growth section called "Hot Girls".

Its a long thread but all of the ladies in there are using heat on the regular.

There is a thread on BHM in the growth section called "Hot Girls".

Its a long thread but all of the ladies in there are using heat on the regular.

i lurk in that thread all the time-there are some really good reggies and lots of gorgeous hair pics. :yep:

It can be done if you don't use more heat than your hair can handle and of course your hair hair needs to be healthy. I would choose a flat iron over a pressing comb for regular use. Hot ceramic can be easier on the hair than hot metal and there aren't many ceramic pressing combs available. Also your hot tools should have temp regulation so you can find the right setting for you hair. Now off to bhm to check out the thread.

Rollersetting might be your best bet. Try to limit the direct heat, and use a heat protectant. Resist the urge to "touch up" your roots during the week with a flat iron or hot comb.

:yep: This is key. Every two weeks would be better, but if you do this try to only use heat on freshly washed hair. No random touch-ups.

Back