Can I replace Aveda reconstructor for Phyto Reconstructor?

avyance

Ok I tried Phyto Index 1 a couple weeks ago, but I feel that it left my hair a little dry and rough. I am willing to try it again, Index II becase I think I need a stronger relaxer and a different reconstructor.

So I was thinking of rinsing the relaxer out, then put in the aveda reconstructor, then neutralize, and then use KeraCare Humecto to deep condition.

Does anyone think this is a bad idea? If you had to replace the reconstructor what did you use and what are the steps that you follow?

I replaced the reconstructor with Nexxus Keraphix. However I apply it after neutralizing. I then use any moisturizing conditioner but I have never deep conditioned. Maybe I should....

Well I hope that's not going to cause a problem because I'm not using Phyto's Reconstructor again. Yuck! It makes my hair hard. I'm planning to use Affirm's Fiberguard before neutralizing. But I haven't done it yet. I'm not scheduled to texturize again until Nov. (sigh)

I've only used Phyto II once, and if i decide to use it again. I will NOT ever use their reconstructor again. that thang took my relaxer right out. one minute my fresh relaxer is feeling smooth and silky and the next minute it's hard and poofy and feeling underprocessed. i didn't like it at all. I would probably replace it with emergencee.

Back