Can I go from relaxed to natural if my relaxed hair is very soft?

Latoyaw21

I really would like to transition from relaxed hair to natural hair. My major problem is my relaxed hair is very soft and breaks easily when not comb on a daily basis. I am not able to wear braids or weaves, because when I remove the hair I have hands full of hair. Also, if I don't get a relaxer every 5 weeks my hair breaks off excessively. I would love to go natural and the only way I maybe able to achieve this is by doing the big chop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I really would like to transition from relaxed hair to natural hair. My major problem is my relaxed hair is very soft and breaks easily when not comb on a daily basis. I am not able to wear braids or weaves, because when I remove the hair I have hands full of hair. Also, if I don't get a relaxer every 5 weeks my hair breaks off excessively. I would love to go natural and the only way I maybe able to achieve this is by doing the big chop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In that case, cut it all off into a fade. Your relaxed hair doesn't sound very healthy to me. Or you just have extremely fine hair strands.

First, you should start off with a long stretch. Play with your new growth, see how it feels in your hands, and how it will respond.

In my case, I've found that my natural hair is much more resilient than my relaxed hair was. My strands are fine, but tough (if that makes sense)...

Before you start stretching, I think you may want to consider doing things to strengthen your hair. Protein??

Try searching for and using products that helps build on to the structure of your hair and follow that with a moisturizing treatment to build elasticity.

Back