Can I get some hair help??

Kirei

I couldn't think of another title,LOL.

But I need to know what else my hair may need, so I will tell you all my regimin (sp) and can you tell me if I am missing something?

My regimine (how do you spell that word?)

Co-Wash- Everyday or every other day using White Rain Tropical Coconut and Giovanni 50/50 Balanced
Shampoo- Once a week using Giovanni 50/50 Balanced

After I Co-Wash, I put Giovanni Direct Leave in on my hair about once a week. All the other days, I use a mix of vegetable glycerine, waterm peppermint oil and tea tree oil and then seal with Avacado oil.

This was making my hair super soft and I thought everything was fine until lately seems like my hair needs something more, but I have no idea what it is...

I went out and tried to find a moisturizer, b/c the glyseric mix wasn't giving me that softness that it usually does, so I bought (which I don't want anymore) African Prides Leave-In Condish. It was okay, but I don't if my hair likes it, it has too many ingredients and it has Petrolatum, which I didn't see until I got home, and 1 cone.

The problem:
My hair doesn't seem to be getting as soft as if used to. It seems a bit hard and rough. When it does soften up, it dries out quickly and I have to respray it about 3xs a day. I think I am going tocut Shampooing out completely b/c it make my hair so dry and it takes 50-11 years to get it back on track.

Also, I am noticing a lot of breakage all over, I don't know if it's breakage or shedding, but I wasn't having this problem a few weeks ago. Do you think I need to leave the cheapie condish alone? I am thinking it just isn't nourishing my hair and giving it what it needs like Giovanni does (duh!) but I think my hair is starting to react to it. But, that WRTC does make my hair soft, but I think that is all it does.

Also, I am a natural with a 4-6 inch mullet still gettign rid of nasty ends.

WOW this long, if you read all of this thanks! I really do appreciate any advice or types and a diagnosis that you all can give.

I don't even know if a I'm supposed to ask these types of questions but, I need help!

My first question would be - when is the last time you clarified? Usually, if something that was working good for your hair stopped working, that's one of the first suspects- build-up.

Good luck!

I couldn't think of another title,LOL.

But I need to know what else my hair may need, so I will tell you all my regimin (sp) and can you tell me if I am missing something?

My regimine (how do you spell that word?)

Co-Wash- Everyday or every other day using White Rain Tropical Coconut and Giovanni 50/50 Balanced
Shampoo- Once a week using Giovanni 50/50 Balanced

After I Co-Wash, I put Giovanni Direct Leave in on my hair about once a week. All the other days, I use a mix of vegetable glycerine, waterm peppermint oil and tea tree oil and then seal with Avacado oil.

This was making my hair super soft and I thought everything was fine until lately seems like my hair needs something more, but I have no idea what it is...

I went out and tried to find a moisturizer, b/c the glyseric mix wasn't giving me that softness that it usually does, so I bought (which I don't want anymore) African Prides Leave-In Condish. It was okay, but I don't if my hair likes it, it has too many ingredients and it has Petrolatum, which I didn't see until I got home, and 1 cone.

The problem:
My hair doesn't seem to be getting as soft as if used to. It seems a bit hard and rough. When it does soften up, it dries out quickly and I have to respray it about 3xs a day. I think I am going tocut Shampooing out completely b/c it make my hair so dry and it takes 50-11 years to get it back on track.

Also, I am noticing a lot of breakage all over, I don't know if it's breakage or shedding, but I wasn't having this problem a few weeks ago. Do you think I need to leave the cheapie condish alone? I am thinking it just isn't nourishing my hair and giving it what it needs like Giovanni does (duh!) but I think my hair is starting to react to it. But, that WRTC does make my hair soft, but I think that is all it does.

Also, I am a natural with a 4-6 inch mullet still gettign rid of nasty ends.

WOW this long, if you read all of this thanks! I really do appreciate any advice or types and a diagnosis that you all can give.

I don't even know if a I'm supposed to ask these types of questions but, I need help!

I think you are doing too much. You say your hair isn't soft and shedding? Have you tried Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter? It's a great moisturizer for naturals and relaxed hair. Trust me, you'll get the softness you seek and you'll notice less breakage at your next wash. I wouldn't use that cheapie conditioner either. Hmm.... I hear a LOT of great things about the Carol's Daughter line for naturals.

I trashed all of my products with mineral oil/pertroleum today. They don't help at all -- there are other great leave-ins that may help minus the vaseline.

How about holding up on the frequent CO washing? What about reducing to twice a week? Just seems to be alot going on. Most people have found success with simpler regimens.

Good luck my dear :-)

So will clarifying be too harsh? Shampooing seems to make my hair dry out really badly so what should I do to protect it from drying?

I think I will toss the cheapie and use the Giovanni only.

How about holding up on the frequent CO washing? What about reducing to twice a week? Just seems to be alot going on. Most people have found success with simpler regimens.

I thought my regimen was pretty simple and the co washing really made my hair do a 360, but maybe now that my hair has done a 360 it doesn't need all that anymore? Hmmm..never thought of that...

I think I will order some Carol's Daughter Butter, or a similar butter.

Thanks!

You can add a little (1 tsp or so) baking soda to your conditioner, and that'll be a clarifying treatment :yep: I don't find it stripping - the conditioner balances it out.

I agree that you may just need to clarify.

Try that first and if your problem still remains then try other products.

I had an issue with my products not responding like before and dry hair, after I clarified things got back to normal.

Some conditioners can cause a lot of buildup especially with daily cowashing.

Okay, I will clarify and see what occurs.

How often should I clarify? Like once a month or just when i realize my hair acting wonky?

Thanks so much, I thought my hair was back tracking on me! LOL!

Okay, I will clarify and see what occurs.

How often should I clarify? Like once a month or just when i realize my hair acting wonky?

Thanks so much, I thought my hair was back tracking on me! LOL!

Start by doing it when your hair starts to feel wonky, and then notice if that wonky feeling happens on a regular 'schedule'. If it does, then you can clarify a little sooner.
For example, if you notice your hair starts acting wonky every 8 weeks, you know you should clarify every 6 weeks - that way, you get the gunk off your hair BEFORE it gets bad enough that your hair starts acting out.

Good luck, and I hope that's all you need.... :yep:

Back