Can I Do The BC Myself?

wow you are such an encouragement for me! I can't wait until I am natural! you did a great job taking care of your hair and doing the BC and it came out great!

Wow u wasted no time at all.....congrats on the major move!!!

tsk....

im soo jealous of you! I wanna do it. im almost at 10 months post. i dont have the courage...

Im sitting here looking at ur pics while on the phone with my SO..

I said : "babe....im gonna chop it all off....."

But he just dont get it...

Thanks to everyone who chimed in since I last posted. I'm really happy with the way it came out, especially considering I was a little :drunk: when I did it!

@ bmore- I have no idea what I'm gonna do now, LOL.

Naw, I'm gonna work on developing a regimen that I'll actually stick to. I'll rock wigs until it gets a little longer and probably do braids for awhile. When I bc'd before I alternated between wigs/braids/weaves for 2 years. It grew back nicely but I'll admit, I wasn't really taking care of it the way I should. Now that I know what to do from being on this site, I think it'll grow even better!

Thanks to everyone who chimed in since I last posted. I'm really happy with the way it came out, especially considering I was a little :drunk: when I did it!

@ bmore- I have no idea what I'm gonna do now, LOL.

Naw, I'm gonna work on developing a regimen that I'll actually stick to. I'll rock wigs until it gets a little longer and probably do braids for awhile. When I bc'd before I alternated between wigs/braids/weaves for 2 years. It grew back nicely but I'll admit, I wasn't really taking care of it the way I should. Now that I know what to do from being on this site, I think it'll grow even better!

That's a good idea. Once my hair got to a decent length I got tired of the wigs and weaves and started wearing it out. Gradually though. Like I might wear it out a day or two a week and then it kept increasing. Now it's like 3 days out, 4 days with a wig. It also depends on where I'm going. How did you wear it today?

That's a good idea. Once my hair got to a decent length I got tired of the wigs and weaves and started wearing it out. Gradually though. Like I might wear it out a day or two a week and then it kept increasing. Now it's like 3 days out, 4 days with a wig. It also depends on where I'm going. How did you wear it today?

Today, I just threw on a wig.

I'm gonna stop by the BSS today and see if I can find a curly one, this straight one is starting to look kinda raggedy from all the brushing.

Wow, you don't play around lady!! CONGRATS!!! It looks like you did a really good job bcing and your hair looks beautiful and healthy.

you know, along with the twa and wigs, you can do some coils - they look fabutastic on shorter hair.

Enjoy your natural journey!

I did my BC myself.

I didn't cut right at the line of demarcation because I knew I'd have a bunch of tiny straight pieces still left. So I cut like a little centimeter below the line of demarcation so that I could be sure to get the majority of relaxed ends.

Well I did it, ya'll!

i can't believe it, I'm kinda in shock to be honest, but excited at the same time. Here are the pics. (Sorry, I have no idea why they're so big!!)

Picture063.jpg

Picture065.jpg

Picture066_edited.jpg

Wow! It came out really well. It looks so soft.

AWESOME!!!!
I am excited for you.
I did the BC myself in 05 and it was a hot mess, but i was happy w/ it.:grin:

I know I'm late, but I just wanted to tell you congrats. :congrats:

I wore braids, and a few wigs until I got enough nerve to wear my own hair out...

Yea!!! It looks really healthy and soft too:yep:

Is that picture taken in your bathroom? Whatever room that is, it sure is pretty and I love the walls.

Back