Can I DC with silicone mix after doing Apoghee 2 step?

SimplyLeesh

I've been experiencing alot of breakage at the ends of my hair and everytime I comb through my hair little pieces end up in the sink (about 10-15). I just bought 3 packs of apohgee 2 step from sallys today, but I dont want to stray from silicone mix because it has done wonders as a DC. Do you ladies think its a good idea to DC with silicone mix after the 2 step treatment? Tell me what your experiences are! :perplexed

Silicon Mix smells great, but isn't very moisturizing in my opinion. And you definitely want something moisturizing after a hard Aphogee treatment. What are your other options?

Silicon Mix is extremely moisturizing for me...I always use it after I do the Two Step.

Silicon mix has protein in it so that is why it doesn't seem very "moisturizing". Try something more moisturzing after a protein teatment. If you like dominican conditioners, try Miss Key's 10 en 1 super conditioner. I love this conditioner mixed with Queen Helene's Cholesterols. super super moisturizing.

Silicon mix has protein in it so that is why it doesn't seem very "moisturizing". Try something more moisturzing after a protein teatment. If you like dominican conditioners, try Miss Key's 10 en 1 super conditioner. I love this conditioner mixed with Queen Helene's Cholesterols. super super moisturizing.

I agree! It maybe moisturizing on a normal basis, but not enough to follow up a "Hard Protein", also like KurleeK5 stated, SM also has Protein and you don't want to "Overload" your hair either and be in a worse situation than to begin with!

Thanks ladies for the great feedback! This has helped me out alot and now I have to look for a moistruizing condish before I 2step. I have nexuss humectres in my bathroom, but I might have to buy some more.

Back