Can I DC with Nexxus Keraphix?

FlawedBeauty

I picked up a bottle of Nexxus Keraphix Restorative Conditioner. Can I DC with that? I am looking at the ingredients and it doesnt say ne thing about protien but after reading some threads i assume theres protien in it. Does protien have another name that I would look for when reading ingredients labels?

Good question, I've heard it refered to as a light protein treatment. I think all protein treatments should be followed with a moisture treatment, from what I've learned here so far, but interested in the response you get from the "wise heads" on the board.

JJ

AtlantaJJ said:
Good question, I've heard it refered to as a light protein treatment. I think all protein treatments should be followed with a moisture treatment, from what I've learned here so far, but interested in the response you get from the "wise heads" on the board.

JJ

mee too. i was in sally's and the bottle of keraphix said Restorative PROTIEN Conditioner, but the one I got from Target just said Restorative Conditioner with no mention of protien on the label :confused:

It is a light protien conditioner. Its the only protien conditioner I use and I like it. I haven't felt the need for any heavy protien conditioner as of yet. And yes you can DC with it. I also follow mines with a moisturizing DC.

I am not sure about what any protien rich ingredients would be named on the label. This would be useful to know too.

I do pre-poo with it for a few hours, but because it's protein, I always follow it up with something.

In the ingredients list to recognize proteins it may say hydrolyzed collagen, wheat protein, or hydrolyzed keratin. Also with some products they may give the specific names of proteins like with Infusium 23 (ex. glycine, serine etc.)

I add a couple of teaspoons to my DC on a weekly basis.

I think if you're concerned that it won't be moisterizing enough this will probably help.

-A

Back