Can hair become immune to a relaxer?

DigitalRain

I've been using Motions Relaxer in Super for 4 years. It used to get my hair reasonbly straight, but now its not working, my hair wont relax within the recommended time. I don't mind a little wave or kinkiness, but lately it looks like it hadn't even been touched with a relaxer.

Should I change relaxers?

I had the same problem with Motions mild. I had to move up to regular which still leaves a wave pattern.

When I used Motions, it did nothing at all. My hair also became resistant to perms when I had to go on thyroid meds. Are you taking any medications that you haven't before?

I take BCP and Centrum vitamins. That's it. The I've taken BCP for several years now, so I know that's not the culprit. The Centrum I've recently started taking every day faithfully. Other than that, I 'm not sure what it could be.

Maybe the Centrum is strengthening your hair. The stronger it is, the more resistant it is, and the chemicals can't break it down as quick.

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Maybe the Centrum is strengthening your hair. The stronger it is, the more resistant it is, and the chemicals can't break it down as quick.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup.
smile.gif
As my hair has been getting healthier and stronger, the less of an effect the relaxer has (which I actually like b/c my hair used to come out of the salon looking toooooo straight, ya know).

Back