Can hair be too soft?

Cres812000

Hi everyone!

I have a question...can hair be too soft??? :(
I've recently took out a sewn in weave that I had in my hair a little under a month and my hair is too soft it feels really coated and looks weighed down. I don't know if it is overconditioned or what, but it makes my layers look weak and thin. I just took the weave out a few days ago. I've been moisturizing my ends with Surge and WGO. My hair usually looks pretty thick. Is there anything else I should do to give my hair some life before I get frustrated and cut my layers out?

Is it breaking? Maybe u need some protein?

Do u need a retouch? Whenever I am way past due for a retouch, my ends look extremely thin compared to the TWA that they are sitting on.

Usually too soft or "mushy" feeling hair indicates either overconditioning or overprocessing. Overconditioned hair feels heavy and limp. You should find a good protein based conditioner and use that to help.

Thanks ladies!

I think I will whip out the Aphogee treatment and give it a try!
I still have a few weeks till touch up time so we will give this a try! ;)

Hi Cres!

I know exactly what you mean! I recently took out a sewn in weave and my hair was very limp and lifeless. I was SO disappointed. I did a really good protein treatment prior to my touch up. My hair was still "droopy" after my touch up. BUT I continued to moisturize and use protein treatments and it eventually came back to life. So you should be okay after a good treatment or two!!! :D

missenm said:
Hi Cres!

I know exactly what you mean! I recently took out a sewn in weave and my hair was very limp and lifeless. I was SO disappointed. I did a really good protein treatment prior to my touch up. My hair was still "droopy" after my touch up. BUT I continued to moisturize and use protein treatments and it eventually came back to life. So you should be okay after a good treatment or two!!! :D

Well it's good to know I am not alone. I just did an Aphogee treatment. What kind of treatment did you do?

Cres812000 said:
Well it's good to know I am not alone. I just did an Aphogee treatment. What kind of treatment did you do?

I personally used a Keraphix & Elasta QP Control Serum Mix, followed by Paul Mitchell's Supercharged Moisturizer. I did not like the Aphogee treatment when I first tried it out. I found the Keraphix/Control Serum idea on LHCF.
Good luck!!!

Back