Can braidsouts/twistouts be done on relaxed hair?

pinkchocolatedaisy

I was just wondering... even though I'm transitioning. I am not really into straight hair- even though I've been relaxed since I was 10; hey it was all I knew before I just snapped and said hey I probably can rock my own hair curly- chemical free. But I am one that likes to change it up, sometimes straight but mostly curly.......am I making any sense? :spinning::look: Well I feel like I could have more freedom being natural, you know can wash whenever, don't have to fear getting my hair wet....... but man shrinkage is not effin joke! Sometimes I think about relaxing... or texlaxing....but is it possible to get braidouts and twistout styles on relaxed/texlaxed hair?

TIA

See, I was always thinking it can only be done on natural or texlaxed hair cuz I tried it on mine and it looked a HOT mess! I assumed it's b/c of my relaxed ends.... :nono::sad: Any ladies with success, relaxed/texlaxed/transitioning, could you please post pics and your techniques? I am hair styled-challenged. LOL. :wallbash:

100% absolutely. In fact I'm sitting here in twists set on flexirods for my twistout that I'll undo tomorrow morning. I spent a week in LA last week and co-washed 3x and did braidout/twistouts during that time.

I have pics of mine in my fotki, both are awesome and can give you different looks. I'm transitioning/stretching right now with lots of NG - 8 weeks post.

I'm relaxed and I'm in a love affair with twistouts right now. There are some pics in my fotki.

Back