can anyone tell me how to do a good twist???

kelendra_cole

Hello i'm new to the board and just wanna say that this board is the best hair site i've been on that's why i decided to join this lovely board!!!
blush.gif

but back onto the topic at hand!
i have such a hard time doing double stranded twists!
frown.gif

whenever i tempt to do it the hair starts to puff up like it wants to unravel or something . also the twists looks so unorganized( i don't know if that makes sense?
confused.gif
) but what i do know is that i need some help any suggestion from you guys would be much appreciated.
thanx so much for your time!

Keisha.C

Hi, Kelendra. Welcome to the board!
wave.gif

My experience with twists is that they stay together better if you do them while your hair is wet and use a good leave-in conditioner/oil mix. Also smaller ones are less likely to unravel, although it takes longer.

For more info, use the search link at the top. I know there are some threads on twists here.

I agree with the first poster. Twist when wet and smaller twists stay together better. I twisted for a year. Found that I had to retwist the ones on the edges to get a "neater" look because I kept them in for a max of a month.

Hi Kelendra ...Welcome to LHCF!
wave.gif

Here are some threads that might help as well:
<ul type="square"> How To's Scroll to Peachtree and Motown Girl links
Hair tips Scroll down to styling and product tips [/list]

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Kelendra ...Welcome to LHCF!
wave.gif

Here are some threads that might help as well:
<ul type="square"> How To's Scroll to Peachtree and Motown Girl links
Hair tips Scroll down to styling and product tips [/list]

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome! Spagirl gave you some good links...

Twist when hair is damp. I have been twisting my hair for over a year now. I never organize my twists. I just feel out a section and twist with oil or hair grease.

I love to twist my hair. I do it weekly and it takes 4-5 hours. They look to be the width of a pencil or a tad smaller. Since they are so small they stay together. But what really helps it the Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade.

Here's my method:
Part hair from front to back, and then from ear to ear. This gives you four sections. Clip each of these. Then choose one section (either in the front or the back). Make sure it is damp (mist with spray bottle if it is dry). Put some of the pomade on the section, and start taking smaller sections and twisting. After you are done with that 1/4 of your head, do the next 1/4, and repeat.

The key is keeping them moisturized, so they don't unravel or get fuzzy on the ends. For me its the pomade in conjunction with daily wetting and conditioning that helps.

Tracy

Back