can anyone recommend a good salon product line

babyblue

hi
wave.gif

Im currently in the market for a good salon quality professional line of shampoo's and conditioners. I've been using the cheap stuff all my life with some good, some mediocre and some bad results. Usually i would cringe at the thought of spending more than $5.00 on any one product, but now that i can afford it, im reconsidering trying something of a more high-end quality. What im looking for really is a gentle shampoo that cleanses and moisturizes and a conditioner that detangles/moisturizes.

Any recommendations?

I think that the Keracare line is very gentle and has quality moisturizing products. You can go to Avlon.com and read about the products.

Nexxus
Sebastian
Kenra
Joico
Dudleys

Are all good salon lines. Which products in the line will vary from other people, but those are the lines you might start with since generally, most people are pleased with them.

smile.gif

I'm a wash and wear kind of gal (conditioner wash -> bun -> ringlets down) because rollerseting makes my fine hair look thin. If I wasn't a po' grad student, instead of/in addition to the (cheapish) Clairol Renewal 5X products in my signature, I'd use Rusk products.
laugh.gif

1. Rusk Sensories Calm Guarana & Ginger 60 Second Hair Revive conditioner for conditioner washes. It detangles like a dream and fast/on contact. My salon uses it at the wash bowl to detangle customers quickly before rollersetting.

2.Rusk Wired Internal Restructure Styling Cream. It defines the ringlets when my hair's down, but too much use can be drying. Remember to clarify.
smile.gif

If you want a line where you can use both the shampoo and conditioner, I would suggest Elucence, Kenra or Keracare. Now there's a slew of product lines that have excellent conditioners, but the shampoo is drying.

I'm a huge fan of Kera Care. The Hydrating detangling Shampoo and Humecto Cream Conditioner are excellent at moisturizing and detangling. The essential oils for the hair, conditioning creme hairdress, and oil moisturizer with jojoba keep my mostly 4a hair very well moisturized and shiny. Nexxus is also a good line.

Whatever you try, get the sample size first! I know havanabeautysupply.com has sample/travel sizes of nexxus humcetress, therapy, and something else (that I don't use)

I like Elasta QP (not sure if that is really a salon brand)
Redken
Kenra
L'anza (just got some samples by requesting them from their website)
Joico (specifically Joico Integrity which is a leave-in)

Back