Can any one recomend a video or a website

sweetcocoa

with pictures on braiding(cornrows, extentions) and flat twisting? I want to learn how to master cornrowing my own hair and adding hair if I want that look. I can basically cornrow,...but it ends up being a mess...somehow I get my fingers and my hair tangled up. I don't know anyone who can show me what I'm doing wrong. I'm a 'visual' person, so someone telling me how to do doesn't work for me. I need to see it. Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sweetcocoa /images/graemlins/wave.gif

How are you girly?

In the latest issue of Braids & beauty magazine they have a full page ad for videos and DVD on how to do certain hair styles. I've posted this web addy before but I couldn't be bothered to do a search, cause I have the magazine at hand.

http://www.braidsmostwanted.com

Hope it helps. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Sweetcocoa,

I think the best person out there to get a how-to video from is master braider Taliah Waajid. I can braid natural hair; but I want to start learning to braid my own relaxed hair to do the C&G routine for the sake of saving $$$$$! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I've just ordered the Advanced Individual video. I believe she also sells the mannekins for practicing. Here's her link: Taliah's Braiding Video Collection

Take care,

Thanks for that info Laela. I need to master the art of cornrows myself. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Laela said:
Hi Sweetcocoa,
I think the best person out there to get a how-to video from is master braider Taliah Waajid. I can braid natural hair; but I want to start learning to braid my own relaxed hair to do the C&amp;G routine for the sake of saving $$$$$! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I've just ordered the Advanced Individual video. I believe she also sells the mannekins for practicing. Here's her link: Taliah's Braiding Video Collection

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Laela...
So you haven't viewed it yet? I was wondering if it was easy to follow.

Londondiva , thanks also. I'm trying to look at both sites(in-between doing my work..he..he..)
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've not yet received the video. I know her seminars/workshops are for people who already know how to put in basic extensions; but I'm confident that it'll be easy enough for anyone to learn from scratch. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
When I get it, I'll let you know if it's easy to follow.

Laela said:
I've not yet received the video. I know her seminars/workshops are for people who already know how to put in basic extensions; but I'm confident that it'll be easy enough for anyone to learn from scratch. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
When I get it, I'll let you know if it's easy to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My cousin learned to do his daughter's hair by watching this one:
Braids by Roxi

He siad he tried to watch his mom and his mother in law, but they went too fast. LOL He has the twisting tape. I haven't seen it, but he is a man in his 30's who has never done hair in his life and his daughter always looks nice. (His wife died during childbirth.) He didn't even know how to do a simple plait before buying this tape!

That's great that he learned to do that for his daughter. So sweet /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Such a tragic shame about the mother. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Hearing things like that make me wanna cry.

Yeah, it was really sad. His little girl's birthday is the day his wife died. It's gotta feel weird celebrating on that day...

@ sweetcocoa:
I ordered it this weekend, too! When I twist, the root area is all poufy and the twists stick out all over the place. My mannequin looks like Buckwheat! I want to see how she keeps that top area flat while she is finishes...

First I tried to get him to send me his copy, but he doesn't know where it is. /images/graemlins/mad.gif He says he's even better now and critiques his mother and mother-in-laws hairstyles! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sassygirl125 said:
@ sweetcocoa:
I ordered it this weekend, too! When I twist, the root area is all poufy and the twists stick out all over the place. My mannequin looks like Buckwheat! I want to see how she keeps that top area flat while she is finishes...
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi, sassygirl, where did you get your mannequin?

wow this is really encouraging. i want to learn how to cornrows and flat twist and it would be nice to learn how to do extensions. of course i dont think i would be able to do this on my hair but it would nice to do this for a child or a friend. there was also a book about hair braiding and styling but the name escapes me but from the reviews on amazon.com it seemed like a good book. God bless you all.

Bumping for updates...Has anyone purchased a braiding video that they found helpful?

Lemme know!!!!

Hey Sweetcocoa
wave.gif

Here's a company that sells videos on not just how to do braids but relaxed, coloring, cuts, etc. I'm getting ready to order all of the braiding videos.

http://www.stepbystephair.com/pages/1/index.htm

hairfanatic said:
Hey Sweetcocoa
wave.gif

Here's a company that sells videos on not just how to do braids but relaxed, coloring, cuts, etc. I'm getting ready to order all of the braiding videos.

http://www.stepbystephair.com/pages/1/index.htm

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Hairfanatic....
And they are located in DC.

sweetcocoa said:
with pictures on braiding(cornrows, extentions) and flat twisting? I want to learn how to master cornrowing my own hair and adding hair if I want that look. I can basically cornrow,...but it ends up being a mess...somehow I get my fingers and my hair tangled up. I don't know anyone who can show me what I'm doing wrong. I'm a 'visual' person, so someone telling me how to do doesn't work for me. I need to see it. Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks! &lt;img src="/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" /&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweetcocoa, there's a website you can go to get videos on different braid styles and the howto's that you can do on your own, or someone else's. Don't forget to ask someone where you can buy a black mannequin head for you to practice on. Here's the link: www.goldmedalhair.com Make sure you click on the wigs/weaves link and click on instructional videos for braids. Good luck, sweetcocoa.

the hair dvd on the natural site are of good quality. I have one from Coifs that show 3 diff ways to roller set and doobie style wrap. I will prob get more dvds from them in the future.

Back