Can an ACV Rinse be done.....

NewYorkgyrl

before you shampoo.

I tried the ACV rinse for the second time. The first time I rtied it a while ago it left a horrrible smeel in my hair. And I diluted that thing like there was no tomorrow. I used it as a final rise and it remained on my hair for days.

Yesterday I washed my hair winth cream of nature poo (left my hair feeling great) and then did a rinse (left my hair hard and HORRIBLE) and deep conditioner (my hair felt slightly better).

I do not want to give up on it but I just wanted to know if you ladies think that I will still have good clariying effects if I did it before I poo with cream of nature (greean and white bottle-very moisturizing)

NewYorkgyrl said:
before you shampoo.

I tried the ACV rinse for the second time. The first time I rtied it a while ago it left a horrrible smeel in my hair. And I diluted that thing like there was no tomorrow. I used it as a final rise and it remained on my hair for days.

Yesterday I washed my hair winth cream of nature poo (left my hair feeling great) and then did a rinse (left my hair hard and HORRIBLE) and deep conditioner (my hair felt slightly better).

I do not want to give up on it but I just wanted to know if you ladies think that I will still have good clariying effects if I did it before I poo with cream of nature (greean and white bottle-very moisturizing)

I followed instructions from babyblue and she does the ACV rinse between the wash and the cond steps. I just did it yesterday and it worked out great for me. See if you can check out her regimen in her Fotki.

Maybe instead of using ACV to clarify, use Baking Soda. That is what I use and I don't have any problems.

NewYorkgyrl said:
That IS what I did. Between the poo and the con and it left my hair hard.

Wow! Okay, I mis-read your post. I thought you meant that you did the rinse and a leave-in cond. My bad. :(

Maybe doing your ACV rinse before your poo will work out better. My aunt does hers that way and she is fine with it. I do the ACV after my co-wash, followed by a deep cond, and then a leave-in. Works for me.

Oh ok so people have done it this way. Thanks HairPhoenix!!!!! I didn't know if this was a bad way to use it. I think I am going to try this next week. Hopefully the results are better.

NewYorkgyrl said:
Oh ok so people have done it this way. Thanks HairPhoenix!!!!! I didn't know if this was a bad way to use it. I think I am going to try this next week. Hopefully the results are better.

Sure. I hope this works out better for you.

NYG, the scent of the ACV hangs on to my hair too. I refuse to do it following my shampoo so I do it prior to shampooing. It just makes more sense to me. If I'm getting rid of build-up and I'm trying to reap the full benefits of my products, it just seems I would do it in that order: ACV rinse then shampoo followed by conditioner.

HTH

JazzyFLPeach said:
NYG, the scent of the ACV hangs on to my hair too. I refuse to do it following my shampoo so I do it prior to shampooing. It just makes more sense to me. If I'm getting rid of build-up and I'm trying to reap the full benefits of my products, it just seems I would do it in that order: ACV rinse then shampoo followed by conditioner.

HTH
I do the same.

NewYorkgyrl said:
before you shampoo.

Maybe your recipe is too strong. Try 8 parts distilled water to 1 part vinegar.

Thanks ladies I will try the ACV before I poo.

Crysdon: When I did the rinse this past sunday I did 1 TABLESPOON in 2 cpus of water. Still it left my hair hard. The smell was not there though.

JazzyFLPeach said:

HTH

I will be doing this tomorrow. It's funny that there was already a thread on it. I havent clarified in forever. I just usually go with how my hair feels and right now it feels as if it is time.

Back