CAN A TYPE 4 TEXLAX AND GET WAVES???

Can a hair type 4 texlax and achieve waves/loose curls?

• Yes

Votes: 86 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 31.2%

• Total voters

Prose Princess

I'm wondering if any ladies have type 4 hair and achieve waves/loose curls with texlaxing. If it's possible, I definitely would like to do this. PLEASE post pictures of your texlaxed hair (wet or dry) and your natural texture! I've been trying to make this decision forever! It would help if I could see some examples. :yep:

ETA: Also please include the type and strength of relaxer you use and how long you leave it on! Or if you relax bone straight and then do some type of protein treatment afterwards, include that information too! TIA!

Last edited:
Type 4a maybe but if I understand type 4b correctly it will just give you limp/semi straight 4b hair.

I have a b4 and a wet picture.. Imma try and see if I have any after air drying pictures... my hair is 4a in the front (i think!)

Attachments

• SDC11323.JPG
    SDC11323.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 648
  • SDC11331.JPG
    SDC11331.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 686
yes....Im a a type 4a and i'm relaxed and when im lazzy i can just wash and go...my hair gets really curly and wavy; great for vacations

yes....Im a a type 4a and i'm relaxed and when im lazzy i can just wash and go...my hair gets really curly and wavy; great for vacations

Any pics? :grin: Also what relaxer type and strength do you use and how long do you leave it on? I'm wondering because I'm really considering self relaxing after I have my stylist do it this time.

I asked my stylist something similar before I started texlaxing. Her response was short and sweet. If you don't have a natural curl/wave pattern then you won't have curls or waves when texlaxing.

My hair type is a mixture of 3c and 4a. I have defined curls in the back of my head and a mixture of waves and curls everywhere else. I'm hoping that once I cut off the remaining relaxed ends, some of my waves will bounce more and be more defined or curly.

I asked my stylist something similar before I started texlaxing. Her response was short and sweet. If you don't have a natural curl/wave pattern then you won't have curls or waves when texlaxing.

My hair type is a mixture of 3c and 4a. I have defined curls in the back of my head and a mixture of waves and curls everywhere else. I'm hoping that once I cut off the remaining relaxed ends, some of my waves will bounce more and be more defined or curly.

I was gonna pop in and say the same thing.

I agree with the bolded. This is why I voted no. I think with 4a hair maybe you could have waves, but not with 4b hair, that has no set curl pattern (at least mine doesn't :look:) JMHO

I'm "3c/4a" and have a lot of waves/curls during long stretches. My stylist uses Affirm Mild. She doesn't leave it on long at all, I should have timed it during my last re-touch but I didn't. Sorry I know that not your thread but my response is :needpics: :lol: but the waves appear after a few months into my long stretches.

Last year I only had two relaxers and the waves popped up a few months into my six and a half month stretch. For some reason my hair seems to wave up more when I use Elucence MB Shampoo and Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor. Something in those products seems to make the texture "pop" more but I think the texture has more to do with being underprocessed/textlaxed.

Air dried

2cr582d.jpg

Fabulosity you have the look I'm trying to achieve! :yep: It's gorgeous! When I airdry my hair frizzes up and has no shape at all. I would love to be able to airdry and have some waves/curls! Could you please share your relaxer routine? *off to stalk your fotki* :grin:

Fabulosity you have the look I'm trying to achieve! :yep: It's gorgeous! When I airdry my hair frizzes up and has no shape at all. I would love to be able to airdry and have some waves/curls! Could you please share your relaxer routine? *off to stalk your fotki* :grin:

Aww thanks.. but I hate it. I wish the ends would curl up more or do something! This is after washing with Wen or Hair One.. DC'ing... and then using Hydrathermal Naturals Daily Growth Lotion as the moisturizer and Avosoya oil to seal. I didn't towel it dry. When I towel it..it gets frizzy. I just towel dried the ends..so they wouldn't drip everywhere while I was waiting. I was trying to practice a WNG..but I still wouldn't wear my hair like that anyplace..look at my fotki for the back.. it looks a HAM.

I relax 3-4 times a year. last year I stretched 6 months but I had too much shedding and breakage and won't be doing that again. My stylist uses Affirm or Revlon relaxer..we tried Phyto and it wasn't for me. She rinses it out basically after she's finished applying it everywhere.. so I'm thinking 10-12 min processing time? Not sure.. but it's not long.

If you have 4b hair, it will not look like the chick a couple of pics up. Sorry. I texurized the front of my 4B hair once for a weave and it just looked like limp 4 b hair. you cannot create curls where there are none.

If you have 4b hair, it will not look like the chick a couple of pics up. Sorry. I texurized the front of my 4B hair once for a weave and it just looked like limp 4 b hair. you cannot create curls where there are none.

who??? This chick?? :lachen::lachen:
Cluck cluck...
Can you tell that I've already been in the holiday "spirits" :lachen::lachen:
I don't really follow the typing stuff to the T

I'm thinking I have to be in the 4s...

As a 4b, no. See the pics of my disaster relaxer experience in my Fotki album.

Also, the texturizer only worked for me when my hair was extremely short (like 1/2 an inch).

I texturised a few times in high school and I also straightened once when I was older, splashed water everyday for a wash and go.

My hair looked wavy when altered but I am sure I have 4b:ohwell:

Some parts of my hair (that are tight spirals) look like loose curls when "texlaxed" and the other parts of my hair that are more 4b just look kind of frizzy.

The curls/coils have to be there. Otherwise you will not get a curly look.

I just mess with nature and do braidouts all the time. People think I have curly hair anyway :lachen: Works for me!

i am 4a and i have curls and waves in my hair. it just depends on how fast your hair processes. i have a pic that i posted before and it is only a ponytail pic. my natural texture is tight/coily

DSCN2693.jpg

I think so. I'm between 3c and 4a. If 3c curls are about the size of a pencil, and 4a curls are the size of the spring in a pen, mine are somewhere in the middle. Some closer to 3c, and some closer to 4a. And some fitting in both categories. Here's my texlaxed hair:
080328_224959.jpg

080328_225120-1.jpg

I'm a 4b with a curl/wave pattern. When I was relaxed, my hair was really wavy when wet. I used to add mousse to my hair while it was wet to lock in the curl. So, yes, if you have a curl/wave pattern, you will have one when you are texlaxed.

I voted yes because I have waves in the front of my texlaxed hair because the hair there naturally waves more than coils like the rest. I also have a friend that considers herself relaxed but is not bone straight. She can easily do a wash and go that is nice and wavy.

Back