Calling Ovation (OCT)Users and Nioxin Users

Lanna Cannon

Does anyone who has used both know whether the Ovation Cell Therapy or Nioxin system is better in terms of thickness, growth, and fast-action.

I've used Nioxin years ago and it works. It regrew my bald spots but then I'd do the same old thing (I was so hair stupid back in the day) my hair would thin out again. But the Nioxin would bring it back. Don' tknow about OCT. I hope you find someone who has used both.

I've used both. I am natural and what I found about Nioxin is that it is more geared towards a scalp treatment. When I went to the salon, my stylist would always use Nioxin on me and after the Nioxin conditioner, she would follow it with a moisturizing conditioner. OCT seems to be geared more towards the hair and serves as a scalp and mositurizing treatment.
Disclaimer: I'm definitely not an expert, but just tried both for extended periods of time. HTH.

I use both now and am trying to determin how to balance them out. I have used Nioxin for several years and grew my hair back after chemo with it. It seems to be more greared toward retaining the hair you have and nurishing your scalp. OCT which I just started yesterday and Mega Tek which I have been using for almost two weeks retain your hair and rapidly grow hair (I can already feel fuzz and see some little black fuzz). It can also be used on the length of hair to improve exsisting hair strength.

JMO, HTH

I'm a newbie. can you tell me how you OCT and Mega Tek? Do you use OCT shampoo? I have read some reviews and i am going to try OCT first. What do u think of the shampoo?

I have used both before. Based on my reasearch and own experiences w/ the products I would recommend the following:

Use the Nioxin "system" as I feel their shampoo and scalp therapy (I think its called) and conditioners actually make a positive difference. Incorporate OCT as a protein treatment and used as directed. I've gotten GREAT results using this product as directed. Strong healthy thick hair, but I always follow w/moisture and for me personally, not the Ovation Creme Rinse... I dont think this or the shampoo is anything special, but others beg to differ. Add in some Nioxin follicle booster if u have any thinner/thinning spots and lastly add a whole lot of patience and consistency (which I have trouble with my self).

Back