Calling out DatJerseyDyme

yo523jo68

I having been trying to view pictures of how to do the Mohawk set to keep the doobie fresh but I can't seem to view it because I don't have your password could you pm me. I really want to see those pics. I tried the siggy and no luck.
TIA, Yo

I recall seeing your album sometime ago. I forgot how much I loved your hair, girlie. I will have to try this rollerset as well. Thank you! ;)

LOL..thanks Ashee! You sure know how to make someone feel good...note to self..next time you are feelin down..get in touch with Ashee!

Thanks Lorraine! I stalk *your* album regularly! I love your color and your progress has been AMAZING!

sweetpeadst said:
Thanks Jersey!! Do you think that my hair is long enough to do this??

I think your hair is the perfect length for it! It wouldn't hurt to try :) My hair is getting a little too long to do it on the rollers that I am using, but I'm not going to go all out and buy new rollers just to do this...I just have to pin the roller covers to the roller!

Gosh, your hair is so pretty what is your routine and secret for keeping and growing out and protecting that lenght? What products do you use?

jancan7 said:
Gosh, your hair is so pretty what is your routine and secret for keeping and growing out and protecting that lenght? What products do you use?

Thanks you! I don't really have a secret - I promise.

My regimine:

I wash once a week if my hair has be dried with heat (rollerset/blowdry/flat iron) and twice a week or more if it's been airdried.

I pretreat once a week regardless. I apply evoo to dry hair. Then I make a mixture of evoo/coconut oil/humectress/honey and heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds and then apply that to my hair for 30 - 60 minutes.

I shampoo with nexxus therappe each time I wash, but I *am* trying to make it a goal to use shampoo less and CO wash more.
I apply humectress with a plastic cap in the shower for 5 - 10 minutes and then rinse under the stream of the water and detangle with my jibere shower comb.
Then I apply a creamy leave-in (my favorite is headress, but I also use Rusk, or some humectress) and an oil or serum and do whatever I'm going to do with my hair (usually rollerset the first few weeks after my relaxer and then braidouts and buns as I get farther into it).

Every other week or so, I mix humectress and keraphix and use that together. Once every month (not really, more like when I feel like it) I use Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo to clarify and Supercharged Moisturizing Con (I like to use products together).

I relax with Mizani Mild every 8-12 weeks (closer to 12, but sometimes I have things to do). The week before I get a relaxer, I make sure to use keraphix and the week after I make sure to use emergencee.

This summer, I'm trying to stretch my relaxer out to 20 - 21 weeks (around the first week of August) and I also plan to give deep conditioning a try because I really hate to do it and the last time I *tried* my hair didn't really like it!

DatJerseyDyme said:
Thanks you! I don't really have a secret - I promise.

My regimine:

I wash once a week if my hair has be dried with heat (rollerset/blowdry/flat iron) and twice a week or more if it's been airdried.

I pretreat once a week regardless. I apply evoo to dry hair. Then I make a mixture of evoo/coconut oil/humectress/honey and heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds and then apply that to my hair for 30 - 60 minutes.

I shampoo with nexxus therappe each time I wash, but I *am* trying to make it a goal to use shampoo less and CO wash more.
I apply humectress with a plastic cap in the shower for 5 - 10 minutes and then rinse under the stream of the water and detangle with my jibere shower comb.
Then I apply a creamy leave-in (my favorite is headress, but I also use Rusk, or some humectress) and an oil or serum and do whatever I'm going to do with my hair (usually rollerset the first few weeks after my relaxer and then braidouts and buns as I get farther into it).

Every other week or so, I mix humectress and keraphix and use that together. Once every month (not really, more like when I feel like it) I use Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo to clarify and Supercharged Moisturizing Con (I like to use products together).

I relax with Mizani Mild every 8-12 weeks (closer to 12, but sometimes I have things to do). The week before I get a relaxer, I make sure to use keraphix and the week after I make sure to use emergencee.

This summer, I'm trying to stretch my relaxer out to 20 - 21 weeks (around the first week of August) and I also plan to give deep conditioning a try because I really hate to do it and the last time I *tried* my hair didn't really like it!
Thank you so much!!!! Keep up the good work! I love your hair

Thank you, IDK how many inches it is. I stopped measuring because I don't think I'm doing it right...I'll try again one of these days! :)

DatJerseyDyme said:
Thank you, IDK how many inches it is. I stopped measuring because I don't think I'm doing it right...I'll try again one of these days! :)

You're welcome!

I know how it can be trying to measure your own hair. When I measure mine, I always, come up a few inches less than when someone else does it for me. It's kinda hard seeing back there. LOL!

Last edited:
DJD what do you do for your edges?? Do you tie them down or something?? Even when I put a bonnet on my head and I sleep on a satin pillowcase my edges look bad if I don't tie them down. Any sugestions??

I don't relaly do anything special with them. I put the rollers in and *try * to make them as tight as possible, but usually I have some hair (the edges mostly) hanging out of the sides of the rollers. I take the hair that's hanging out on each side and clip it down with the clips that you would use to rollerset. *then* I put a scarf on, because that helps to keep my rollers in place and lays everything down. I know that's really confusing, but the moral of the story is that I don't really do anything special to them! I think the *scarf* helps lay them down.

DatJerseyDyme said:
I don't relaly do anything special with them. I put the rollers in and *try * to make them as tight as possible, but usually I have some hair (the edges mostly) hanging out of the sides of the rollers. I take the hair that's hanging out on each side and clip it down with the clips that you would use to rollerset. *then* I put a scarf on, because that helps to keep my rollers in place and lays everything down. I know that's really confusing, but the moral of the story is that I don't really do anything special to them! I think the *scarf* helps lay them down.

Yeah scafs are my fiends not bonnets!

Back