Calling on Reniece (& other expert weavers)

bee

Hi ladies! I'm interested in growing my daughter's hair out w/ a weave. I have some questions though. 1st of all, let me say that Reniece's craft is amazing! When u cornrow the hair, do u use synthetic hair? What type of thread do u use? After cornrowing, how do you sew in the hair? Do you lay it over the top of the cornrow and sew from the bottom? How do you protect the hair that's braided--maintenance I mean?

As you can see I have alot of questions. I only want to do partial weaves with just a few tracks to give my daughter's hair a little length and fullness. If I've left out something, please feel free to enlighten me.

bee,

no answers for you, sorry. but I would like to know how you protect the braided hair as well. there was a thread yesterday that I posted on about weaves and carmend mentioned what she does for her. HTHS

bee said:
Hi ladies! I'm interested in growing my daughter's hair out w/ a weave. I have some questions though. 1st of all, let me say that Reniece's craft is amazing! When u cornrow the hair, do u use synthetic hair? What type of thread do u use? After cornrowing, how do you sew in the hair? Do you lay it over the top of the cornrow and sew from the bottom? How do you protect the hair that's braided--maintenance I mean?

As you can see I have alot of questions. I only want to do partial weaves with just a few tracks to give my daughter's hair a little length and fullness. If I've left out something, please feel free to enlighten me.
bee,

When did Reniece join the LHCF?

bee said:

Who is Reniece? Does she have a website?!

bee said:

Im not Reniece :p but... I only add some synthetic hair to the braids that are on the edges. Other than there u shouldnt need it unless her hair is really thin or straight textured (like white folx hair)

Buy the regular weaving thread at BSS. I generally make my braids ear to ear and sew the tracks along the braid. I put the track in the "parts" and then sew it to the braid above... Use an applicator bottle to oil the braids daily and wash in the shower at least once/week.

If u havent done it b4 u may want to get a mannequin head and practice... Also how old is ur daughter?

HTH

My bad! I just assumed Reniece was a member because this site is where I saw her work. I'm Just trying to find out how sew-ins are done and cared for. Thank you carmend! I can kinda picture how to do this. My daughter has very thin sides so I don't think I'll be braiding her sides in (BTW, she's 16). I plan on trying this on the weekend. Would you rec doing this immediately following a relaxer?

I have applied weaves right after relaxing but of course if you have the option to wait then that is probably best.

LilChocolateMa said:
Thanks for the post, I have been looking for her information for the longest time!

the 'oil cocktails' that you do could you tell me what oils you use and how exactly you use them?tia

Back