Calling Newbies!!! A Challenge for us...

How often should we post to the 2009 Newbie Challenge?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Every 2 wks

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Every 3 mos

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
addaboutmyhair and exubah, thanks for the responses! I have been wary about protein because I kept reading natural hair rarely needs it. Off to research now.

So I'm texlaxed and have BKT. My roots have gorwn out and I need a touch up. I really cjust want to throw in some tists with extensions. Can I wait until after my twists are out to do a touch up? Has anybody done this. I'm not trying to break my hair but it seems a waste to do a touch up and go straight into twists...

Hello everyone,I'm sort of a newbie. Ok, after reading some responses I'm coming out of my shell!LOL I've been a member since Feb '09 but it was just today that I added some pics to my profile and decided to reply to a post:blush:. It was only today that I found this thread. This site is some what of intimidating:perplexedor confusing with all of the abbr's. But really, I have just been stalking trying to come up with a regi for myself and educating myself as much as possible. But now I feel I am ready for communication with those who wish to communicate with me. I have never been good at making friends:nono:. So I hope to gain some valuable advise from the hair guru's on here. Thanks in advance

JOIN DATE 02/2009

HAIR STATE/LENGTH BSL

GOAL LENGTH WL

REGIMEN PRE POO -KERA CARE ESSENTIAL OILS OR SHESCENTIT PRE POO FOLLOWED BY POO-AO BLUE CAMOMILE HYDRATING POO OR QP ELASTA CONDITIONING POO.I D/C ONCE A WEEK WITH AO GLYCOGEN PROTEIN BALANCING CON OR SHESCENTIT FORTIFYING MASK(I HAVE YET TO FIND A MOISTURIZING CON)AND CAN'T FORGET GIOVANNI'S NUTRAFIX HAIR RECONSTRUCTOR.LEAVE IN-BTW LOTION/CREME OR JASON LEAVE IN SPRAY.I DO A CLARIFYING POO EVERY 5 WEEKS AND A DEEP PROTEIN EVERY 6 WEEKS.I MOISTURIZE WITH QP ELASTA MANGO BUTTER(IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT DOESN'T WEIGH IT DOWN AND IS NOT GREASY)AND I SEAL WITH COCONUT OIL OR JOJOBA.I CO-WASH ONCE A WEEK WITH SHESCENTIT SUPER SOFT HONEY CONDITIONING RINSE(IT'S BEEN A GOD-SEND).I RARELY USE A FLAT IRON OR BLOWER DRYER(I MEAN RARELY).I RELAX/TOUCH EVERY 10 WEEKS OR SO.

STYLING I USUALLY WEAR A ROLLERSET WEEKLY BUT SINCE FINDING THIS SITE I STRETCHED THE WEEKLY TO BI WEEKLY TO CUT DOWN ON HEAT USAGE.I WEAR ALOT OF BRAID OUTS AND TWIST OUTS NOW(MUST LEARN CUTE PROTECTIVE STYLES)I'M STYLE CHALLENGED:wallbash:

HEAT COMMITMENT AS LITTLE AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE

STRETCHING GOAL UMM THAT'S A GOOD ONE BUT I DON'T HAVE ONE AS YET I JUST WANT HEALTHY HAIR THAT DOESN'T BREAK OFF IN THE SHOWER WHEN I'M DOING MY BEST TO BE GENTLE

At the end of May I attempted to relax with a mild CON at 7 weeks post. My hair was like 'Gurl please was that a deep con or somethin?' Anyways, I have been flat ironing every weeks on wash day because my roller sets suck. I know that its a lot of heat but I didnt know what else to do. I have fallen deeply in love with Cantu Shea Butter Leave In in the last 2 weeks and have noticed a difference in managibility. I did a roller set 2 days ago and it came out great. I will try to DC and rollerset 2x /wk. we'll see how it goes.

Back