CALLING NATURALS!!!

pureebony

I need help ASAP!!

Are any of you naturals pressing your hair regularly like 2-3 weeks with no problems, growth and hair being in good shape? If so could you let me know what your routine is from pressing (how often?) to your next press (how long you wait? how you get in done? and all the in between bits like moisture and keeping it looking pressed)

Thanks so much! x

Natrual 4Bzer here. I've only did this once in 4 years was not that successful and not planning on tackling the beast like that again any time soon:blush:. But I wish you all the best in your endeavor. :yep:

I pressed for the first time since 2006 this month, and I loved the experience, and think it was the most successful/safe press I ever did. But I don't plan to do it as often as 2-3 weeks so can't answer. I will be pressing it again sometime next year (I think).

I press maybe once a month... the rest of the month I cowash, DC and wash once a week. When I press I do this.
2. Wash with Aveda Dry Remedy Poo
3. Rinse and DC with Aveda Dry Remedy Conditioning Mask
4. Let it sit for 20 minutes
5. Comb with shower comb and put in twists
6. Rinsed in twists
7. Used a nickel size portion of Sabino Moisture Block on each twist with jojoba oil on the ends
8. Blow dry each section with the comb blow dryer
9. Flat iron each section.
10. Put some jojoba oil in my hair and let it sit for 5 minutes.
11. Flat ironed again and I was done!!

I do OP. I'm natural and I've been pressing my hair for years on a regular basis.
I was Feature of the Month in February of this year. If you click on FOTM and find my month, there you will find my current hair care regimen.
Good luck with your hair goals.

I rollerset and flatiron every other week. In between that time I leave my hair curly and in a ponytail.

1. Deep condition for an hour. I make my own by mixing oils and avocado/shea butter in my conditioner.
2. Wash and rollerset my hair
3. Dry under the hooded dryer or air dry
4. I brush out my hair and apply a head protectant.
5. Flatiron in sections and I never pass the flatiron more than 2x over one section of hair.
6. Apply sheabutter or avocado butter to my ends. I also do this every morning when I'm doing my hair.

At night I wrap my hair or do a "pineapple" at the top of my head (really high ponytail).

thanks ladies for your responses! I think using heat once a month should not be bad if you look after your hair so pinkskates im going to look at your regime... thanks ladies! xx

I am transitioning and go to my stylist. She presses my roots ONLY, every two weeks and flat irons the rest.

Here's her routine:
I pre-poo overnight with EVOO, coconut oil and shea butter then drive to her shop the next morning.
1. Wash
2. Deep condition under dryer (I like to sleep under the cozy warm dryer, so she let's me sit past my time, as long as I like until the next client needs it!)
3. Rinse and apply leave-in
4. Air dry 80%+ (she doesn't want me under the dryer for this)
5. Puts in Moroccan Hair Oil and then Blow dries with a paddle brush
6. Presses the roots
7. Flat irons the strands
DONE!
She uses different products each time depending on what she feels and sees the hair needs each visit so I didn't list that.

I don't put heat on my hair anymore until I see her again. If I need some curl, I'll pin curl the night before or use Caruso steam rollers in an emergency. At night I sleep in or on silk (scarf, bonnet or pillowcase). Each morning, I melt Ashea's Shea Butter Pomade in my hands and moisturize my roots and edges in a massage motion, then rub what's left on my strands/ends.

My hair is really growing and is noticeably strong from the strands to the line of demarcation. I credit this to EVOO pre-shampoos.

Last edited:
Back