Calling Hairlove!!!!!

Trinity1

Hi Hairlove,

First off I wanted to compliment you on your EXTREMELY beautiful hair. I just got finish checking out your updated pictures for January and February and all the pictures prior and I notice that you have incredible shine. How do you get that shine? My hair is 4a also but mine doesnt look like yours......LOL, Your hair looks alot like a 3c or 3b. Please advise me on the products that you use and maybe I can get some ideas. Right now I use s curl and oil for my braidouts,following my leave in conditioner. When I pull my hair back into a ponytail I use pantene daily oil cream to slick it back and it gives me shine but still I'm wondering if there is a way to get my hair silkier and shinier.

Thanks,
Tee Tee

Thanks so much for the compliments!
smile.gif

I was recently having an issue with shine but I seem to have corrected it. What has worked for me as far as shine is to spray a leave-in conditioner on my hair right after rinsing. I usually add Proclaim 7 Oil to my leave-ins. Then, I apply some kind of creamy moisturizer to my hair. I'd been using Healthy Hair Butter for a long time but I'm using Hair Milk now for a while to see if there's a difference. (I may have been getting some build up from the beeswax in the HHB.) Before creating my braidouts, I usually mist my hair with a moisturizing spray. My favorite for braidouts is a mixture of a small amount of leave-in, oil, rosemary growth mix, lavender eo, and the rest is distilled water. I think that mix gives my hair incredible shine. Sometimes in the evenings, I'll apply Hair Milk throughout my hair to keep it from getting dry.

To make my hair silky and shiny looking after washing, I always put my hair in two ponytails and put on my scarf. I either sit under the dryer for an hour or I let it airdry before doing my braidout. That way, my hair dries in a silky fashion. On a daily basis (morning and night), I may apply other oils like Monoi Oil to keep it shiny.

Thanks for your quick reply Hairlove. I am going to print this out so I can try and apply some of these tips to my regime.

Tee Tee

Back