Calling Color Experts, Amateurs, Anyone: Question

Nazaneen

I'm relaxed but I'm just itching to color to a medium brown
I finally decided to buy some drugstore color that I've seen very dark haired people use to lighten to a medium brown on Youtube... It's Revlon Colorsilk Ultra Light Ash Blonde. I wanted something that would not produce auburn but more brown...

I did a strand test and this was the color I came up with after 40 odd minutes. I held the strand test ( hair from my nape) against my natural color.
Is this a safe lift? Or is this lifting too much color? Maybe if I did 30 mins. I actually would prefer it a bit darker... would leaving it in less time result in a darker color?

Also I want to avoid "hot roots" at all costs, any tips for that?
I dyed my hair years ago and came out with atrocious firey roots. I never ever want to see that again :lol:.

Picture 4.png

Picture 5.png

Last edited:
I've been color treated for almost 3 years. I do not use drug store color anymore. The last brand of permanent color I used is L'Oreal Mega Browns in Brandy. I would recommend that line because it has some beautiful shades of brown. I got it from Sally.

You can always apply the color to the middle and ends first before applying it to the scalp to avoid bright roots.

Dove56, what do you think? too light?
I'm extremely tempted :lol:

and i'm buzzed right now so don't mind me if im posting weird

Arlana

That color inch is something else isn't lol? I don't think that color is too light at all it would be pretty on you but if you want something darker look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXjtP6xW3Ck

She used this color brand (pictured below) for naturally dark hair in "Soft Brown". That color is more "natural" or red but the color "Cool Light Brown" is more Ash.

w0dH.jpg

You have use 20 vol Peroxide instead of 30 if you are relaxed per the instructions on the box. I have the color "Coolest Brown" in my hair my that line and I lurve it! You should do a test spot with this color. I think you will like it! You can purchase this at Sally's!

Last edited:
My hair looks similar to this right now, color and texture :pullhair:.
This was not my intended result, im kinda freaked out, my heart feels funny :nono:
Julia-Roberts-curls-from-pretty-woman.jpg

I cant capture the color on camera sadly.

i think im being dramatic, its more of an auburn color but sheesh this is NOT what i was going for lol
I may buy a toner. I'm basically a redhead now lol
Gonna rollerset tomo and see how it looks straight
seems to play well with my skin, i think its bringing out sort of peach tones in my skin...

Last edited:
I cant capture the color on camera sadly.

i think im being dramatic, its more of an auburn color but sheesh this is NOT what i was going for lol
I may buy a toner. I'm basically a redhead now lol
Gonna rollerset tomo and see how it looks straight
seems to play well with my skin, i think its bringing out sort of peach tones in my skin...

I love it! It's looks so pretty. :) What a pretty color for Summer!

Thank you :lol:
I didn't even update the thread with a pic :lol: I went straight to my siggy...
Here's more pics, I missed some of my roots esp in back. I'm gonna touch those up soon lol.
Picture6-1.png

Picture9-3.png

Last edited:
Back