calling all wave nouveau/curly permers!

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Hello! I just wondered if there were any others who have curly permed their hair? Most people on here have relaxers. I appreciate all the info and tips I receive, but it would be nice to hear from those who have the same style as me!

smile.gif

xx

Hey Char...I can't say I have a wave nouveau now but I had one for about three years. It was just like any other jheri curl when I had it. I don't know if you use the same phrase over in the UK (jheri curl). In the U.S. there aren't too many people who have them but I started getting them when I came here at 15.

Unless they have changed the formula they are very easy to take care of. You just have to properly moisturize and that's it. In my siste'rs picture she has a wave nouveau. Neither one of us liked how greasy they are and that has to be the biggest drawback. However both our hair was the longest it's been with a jheri curl. Mine was mid-back and my sis was near waist. HTH

Thank you! Yes, I have heard of the term jheri curl (I always thought it was Jerry curl! lol) I was confused when I kept coming to these types of sites and everyone kept saying "have you seen what a w/n looks like?!" I was thinking, huh?! It looks like a regular curly perm!? hmm.. I'm off to check out your pics now, I couldn't stand the grease either, but since I switched from using gold about 2 years ago, it's been fine, its not slimy or greasy at all!

xx

Hi Char....I had a WN for 4 years. I loved it. Mine was never greasy. I never used the finishing spray. It was too greasy. My hair grew past bra strap. I would put the lotion on my hair at night before bed, then tie with a satin scarf. I would use the finishing lotion 2 to 3 times a week. In the morning all I would do is shake and go. My hair was silky and curly. It looked all natural. I love the fact that you can where it straight or curly.
I no longer have one since the person that use to do it for me moved. Check out http://www.softsheen-carson.com/?c=13&category=32
If I found someone who knew how to do one properly...I would get one again. Good luck on growing yours long again. You can do it...as long as you keep it moisturized.

I loved it also, but about 2 1/2 years ago all my hair came out. Yes it is good to have someone who can do it properly. I had it for 9 years. The doctor said it could have came out due to overprocessing or stress. Which ever I am now going natural for a while.

CurlyCurly, gold is the name of an activator, it's nasty! lol

Puddles thanx for the link, do you have any pictures of your w/n? I'd love to see them! I've only recently started using the w/n moisturizing lotion, I used to use soft'n'free curl activator, but fancied a change, so far so good.

Mary, do you have pictures? Did you ever give your w/n a break, or were you doing it constantly? How often did you touch up?

xx

I had one for about 20 plus years ago, and it made my hair grow soooo much. A lot of people with relaxed hair are using the curl products for that purpose.

I have a relaxer and don't plan to cut it, but if I did, I would try the WN if I could make sure it was not to oily.

Back