Calling all thick 4b's............

soslychic

Calling all thick 4b\'s............

I have 4b thick thick thick super thick hair
grin.gif

I need to relax VERY soon because I'm having a LOT of trouble figuring out how to style right now. Anyway...what relaxer do you use? I'm looking for a relaxer that has the potential to relax bone straight but won't since I'll can control the time. Does that make sense? A relaxer that won't underprocess (lord, that was terrible). So I was wondering what do all you 4b's with thick hair use?

Re: Calling all thick 4b\'s............

I have thick thick thick I think 4a and 4b hair and I use Hawaiann Silky Relaxer. I use super sometimes. Cause my hair is way to thick. Which I love. But my hair is chin lenght. And I want it to grow longer.

i use affirm mild, but my hair is kinda funny. its like it apears thick, but its really very fine i just have lots of it. after my affirm mild is done i think i might switch to affirm regular strength.

Beana what do you use to base your scalp when you use the Affirm relaxer? I was TOTALLY set on Affirm until I read stuff about it burning the heck out of people's scalps and I have a very sensative scalp so I assumed it wasn't for me. But I'd still like to try it because it's a very good relaxer I've heard and it really never underprocesses.

When your hair gets thicker and thicker does that nesscarily means it is growing longer.

[ QUOTE ]
Beana what do you use to base your scalp when you use the Affirm relaxer? I was TOTALLY set on Affirm until I read stuff about it burning the heck out of people's scalps and I have a very sensative scalp so I assumed it wasn't for me. But I'd still like to try it because it's a very good relaxer I've heard and it really never underprocesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I base with vaseline use protecto on my hair. I did not experience any burning at all, maybe just a tingle where it was 1st applied. i left mine on for like 25 mins. HTH

What's protecto? Where can I get it? Approx. how much does it cost? Sorry for all the questions
grin.gif

I would assume that it dosn't automatically mean its growing longer, but more than likely since it's obviously getting healthy and not breaking it probably is:)

[ QUOTE ]
What's protecto? Where can I get it? Approx. how much does it cost? Sorry for all the questions
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no problem! the protecto comes with the affirm relaxer (its attached to the side) You basically apply it to the hair right before you relax. It has a consistency like cough syrup..

thanks so much! Oh really? Where do you get your affirm relaxer? I'm only heard of it from sheldeez.com if you wanna buy it yourself. I'm seen something called "gentle assurance" scalp base that you have to buy seperatly but never anything called protecto attached to the side. approx. how much do you pay for your affirm relaxer? i was trying to find something cheaper than the 40 dollars that it costs on sheldeez.

[ QUOTE ]
thanks so much! Oh really? Where do you get your affirm relaxer? I'm only heard of it from sheldeez.com if you wanna buy it yourself. I'm seen something called "gentle assurance" scalp base that you have to buy seperatly but never anything called protecto attached to the side. approx. how much do you pay for your affirm relaxer? i was trying to find something cheaper than the 40 dollars that it costs on sheldeez.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay the gentle assurance is separate and goes on the scalp, i think the protecto is supposed to protect the integrity of the hair only.
I bought mine from Rama beauty supply in NYC, i dont know where you are located, but usually they sell them to the public here in NYC for about $35 for the 4lb tub.

[ QUOTE ]
i use affirm mild, but my hair is kinda funny. its like it apears thick, but its really very fine i just have lots of it. after my affirm mild is done i think i might switch to affirm regular strength.

[/ QUOTE ]
__
This is me. When my hair is nappy, people stay your hair is too thick. Yet, once it is relaxed or pressed, it gets too soft and thin.

I use Affirm and my beautician applies it. (I think it is affirm). She may use Design or something else. I guess I really don't know what I use, but I am happy with the results.

I'll ask you the same question because I want to be very cautious here:):
Do you use anything to base your scalp? How much burning do you experience with aFfirm?

[ QUOTE ]
I'll ask you the same question because I want to be very cautious here:):
Do you use anything to base your scalp? How much burning do you experience with aFfirm?

[/ QUOTE ]
__
Is this question directed to Bett1e? If so, I burn if I scratch and she doesn't apply this purple scalp protectant. She didn't do it one month to the whole head and my scalp burned. The next month she asked why I had so much grease on my scalp. I told her I didn't want to burn. Now, she puts the scalp protectant on the scalp and I am good to go.

I use Affirm regular. Like Beana, I base with Protecto, which comes attached to the side of the 4 pound tub. I also coat the hair with whatever hair dressing I no longer use. Right now, I coat the hair with Optimum hair dressing - I don't use it anymore because it has mineral oil.
smile.gif

I use Mizani. The last time which was the first time using Mizani, I used Super. It didn't relax my hair bone straight but left little waves in it that I liked. I always used Super. The stylist used some orangey menthol protectant. I think it was Summit's Sensitive Scalp base as I saw a jar of it by her.

Umm happylocks, what's wrong? I'm confused.
huh.gif
Do you believe there's something wrong with relaxing? (BTW the original poster is already relaxed.)

Yes happlocks can you post what you mean? Actually, no I'm not already relaxed. I am a natural right now becaues I've had braids for a long time and I clipped off the ends which were a curl.

Back