Calling all SUAVE HUMECTANT Users!!!

Longhealthyhair

How do you use your suave humectant? As a prepoo? As a cowash? As a deep conditioner? In a mix?

I just got some at Target and I want to know the best way to use it.

Thanks

After pooing and sometimes in a mix. I rotate a lot of products and sometimes it'll catch my eye and I'll throw it in. I've never used it as a dc.

As a co-wash. BTW, I love your hair in your avatar. It's so beautiful!

Ah...thank you so much:thankyou:. I had a hair set back last year (after this pic) but now I am back on the horse and determined to reach all of my goals.

It's cool that you use this as a cowash...does anyone use this as a deep conditioner? I want to replace my expensive products with a cheaper product that works just as well. Hmmm....:rolleyes:...I wonder how good it would be as a DC

Thanks for all of your feedback ladies. Today I used Suave Humectant as a prepoo and WOW...!!!

From now on I am going to cowash with Suave Humectant. My hair detangled like it never has with shampoo. And since I wash ever 3-4 days, my scalp can probably be easily cleaned with conditioner most of the time. From now on I will only shampoo as needed! With this change I will no longer need to prepoo (only on shampoo days will I prepoo) since the cowash is enough!

Here's what I did
1) Cowash (Suave Humectant + Castor Oil)
2) Oil Rinse (EVOO)
3) DC (Nacidit + Castor Oil)
4) Braidout set (Sebastian Double Body Thick-In)

The results where wonderful!

Why not? I was thinking of mixing it with honey and EVOO for a DC....

Well, there was a thread I read a while back that detailed what was a dc and what was not and that simply leaving an instant condish on longer didn't make it a dc. The ingredients have to be such that penetrate to the core rather than sit on top of the hair. Things to look for are products that specify they are for dc's or that tell you to leave on for min. 10-15 minutes.

I use it as a cowash, never used it as a DC. ITA with DivaRox. This is more instant. I don't think this would suffice my hair as a DC, even if I used heat, but for cowashes :yep: Loves It and if I'm not mistaken southerntease swears my this product. I'm pretty sure it's her. if not sorry southern.

Cowash or Mix with amla oil before shampooing. Like another poster said, I use it towards the end of stretching. Slip is GREAT!:yep:

I use it after I shampoo. I apply it and wear a plastic cap. I let it sit for 30 minutes then I rinse. Or I may use it for a conditioner wash. It makes my hair so soft.

I use it as a cowash, never used it as a DC. ITA with DivaRox. This is more instant. I don't think this would suffice my hair as a DC, even if I used heat, but for cowashes :yep: Loves It and if I'm not mistaken southerntease swears my this product. I'm pretty sure it's her. if not sorry southern.
Yes, I swear by it! I use for absolutely everything!!!
Pre-poo, co-washes, baggying, dcing, steam towel,
leave-in... I could go on forever!
I wish it came in gallon sizes.
I go through the big bottle every two weeks.
A gallon could last me a month... maybe.

I use it as a leave in on wash days so that I don't have to waste my daily moisturizing products. I apply some to my hair bun it and go.

Girl, EVERYDAY after it's shampoo component. :clap:

I absolutely love it! :yep: It was the only conditioner that actually worked when I was natural, so I knw I can trust it w/ my relaxed hair :grinwink:

I love Suave Humectant Conditioner! :love: I use it for CO washes, as a deep conditioner and as a leave-in.

I tried it as a DC and it behaved much like a cream rinse (left my hair quite dry :ohwell:), so I just use it for co-washes.

Back