Calling all serum users?

Nice

For the ladies that use serums after you wash your hair, how often do you use a clarifying shampoo?

Also, why are cones so bad? I know that it can cause build up but if you clarify regularly, won't that prevent buildup?
ohwell.gif

I loooooooooove serums too. I am so upset that I waited this long to start using them. So clarifying once a week is too much?

[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:
I loooooooooove serums too. I am so upset that I waited this long to start using them. So clarifying once a week is too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember reading somewhere that clarifying once a week is o.k. but it'd be a good idea to use a shampoo that isnt too drying.i think clarifying shampoos usually have the bad sulfates in them.

john freida relax serum and smooth n shine. i've wanted to try the design essentials since forever. i heard it has great slip but i cant find it anywhere.

It does give great slip. I think that Biosilk is better but I stopped using it because in contained alcohol.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:
It does give great slip. I think that Biosilk is better but I stopped using it because in contained alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought both contained the drying alcohol. from old threads that ive read it said design essentials does too.

OH LORD! I better go do a search but from the ingredients on the bottle for DE, I didn't think so.

I like to use a little serum on the ends of my hair when I airdry. I love Razac serum, smells good and does the job.

I use NTM moisturizing serum or one of John Frieda's. I don't do anything special as far as shampooing and I haven't had any bad effects.

is IC hair polisher considered a serum? Other than that I also love Straight Effects hair polish but the IC is a nice cheap alternative!

I love serums...I also like Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum, NTM serum, and Loreal Smooth Intense

I clarify every 3-4 weeks. I find that I dont get much build up and other than clarifying I might just do a second lathering of my Nexxus Therappe and it seems to be enough.

I need to buy some more Design Essentials Organic cleanse bc its a gentle clarifier, u can use it before each shampoo as a 1st shampoo.

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
is IC hair polisher considered a serum?

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
I've always considered Fantasia IC Hair Polisher a serum. It may even be better than a regular one because it has aloe extracts and a good consitency to spread easily
smile.gif
I love this stuff. It is definitely one of my staples, esp. for shine after getting my hair pressed
up.gif

I use a clarifying shampoo once a week. I know some people don't like cones, but my hair loves cones.
smile.gif
Clarifying once a week helps me with any product build up.

can serums be considered moisturizers?

the ic polish says it moisturizes and sometimes I feel after a good conditioning and leave in, my hair feels fine with just this on it, but I wonder if its deceiving and I actually do need more moisture??

There have been tons of times when I've used nothing but a serum on my hair after a good conditioning and leave-in conditioner. It works out well for my hair (since my hair gets most of it's moisture from conditioning).

I never get build-up from serums. But I never use clarifying shampoos either. I just use gentle shampoo, like Elasta's for relaxed hair. It cleans it but doesn't leave my hair dry. I hear one should only clarify if they use wax-based products.

My hair also loves serums. Right now, I use Keracare's Silk n Seal and PM's Skinny serum. Both are excellent. This is all I use when using heat (flat irons).

I only JUST started clarifying and I have noticed a difference when using the KeraCare: no build up. However, I don't clarify often. Maybe once a month.

Back