Calling all self braiders

prettypuff1

Quick question. When you do individual braids using human hair, how do you finish the ends. With nail glue? I want to do some unrefined plats and i want to use human hair so can you help me out.. If not i can use synthetic but just a question

What works for me is, after braiding take a small piece of the hair on the end that's not braided and wrap it around the braid and pull it thru, like you would do if you were tying a man's necktie. Then, taking that same piece, make a loop knot that sits as close as possible to the braid. This keeps them from unraveling. I wish I had a better description but hopefully this helps. Its really great for taking down the braid because all you have to do is cut the knot and not worry about cutting your own hair. And it tends not to unravel in between washes.

yup...what tex said. My description is like making a knot. I wrap a little piece of the braid and wrap it around twice, then pull it through.

You may find that after a couple of washes some braids may loosen. Just wash the scalp, not the braids.

Back