Calling all relaxed cowashers..

janaq2003

Could you share your cowashing routine with me? It seems like this weather is really drying to my hair and I was thinking a lil' cowashing may help me. Also, whenever I hit the 6 wks post mark, my hair starts acting crazy! Help me!!!!:perplexed

I cowash nightly in the shower, apply leave in, a moisturizer, and then seal the ends with coconut or JBCO. Then I put my hair in a single plait, and tie it down with a scarf and go to bed. In the morning, either I take the plait, and wrap it around itself in a ball, and secure it with a bobby pin, or I undo the plait and put it in a bun. HTH!

I cowash nightly in the shower, apply leave in, a moisturizer, and then seal the ends with coconut or JBCO. Then I put my hair in a single plait, and tie it down with a scarf and go to bed. In the morning, either I take the plait, and wrap it around itself in a ball, and secure it with a bobby pin, or I undo the plait and put it in a bun. HTH!

My reggie is very similar. I cowash at night in the shower, detangle/comb no more than 2x per week. Otherwise, I apply leave in, seal with coconut oil or JBCO and then use my fingers to either put my hair in a bun or a single plait, tie down overnight. In the morning I either undo the braid for a braid-out or keep it braided and add an accessory. Repeat every weeknight. Sometimes I may rollerset on weekends and wear my hair out until MOnday night.

I co wash twice a week...yes i am relaxed. I airdry and then apply my leave-in and moisturizer and seal with oil and put my hair in plaits for a braid-out.

My reggie is very similar. I cowash at night in the shower, detangle/comb no more than 2x per week. Otherwise, I apply leave in, seal with coconut oil or JBCO and then use my fingers to either put my hair in a bun or a single plait, tie down overnight. In the morning I either undo the braid for a braid-out or keep it braided and add an accessory. Repeat every weeknight. Sometimes I may rollerset on weekends and wear my hair out until MOnday night.

I dont understand how you cowash nightly but only detangle 2x weekly. Can you please explain?

I rinse hair, apply conditioner, massage scalp, leave conditioner in while i wash, etc., and then rinse. After the shower, I apply my leave in and seal with camellia oil. -ta da! I put my hair in a braid and go to bed. In the morning, I give it a little spritz,a little oil on the ends, put it in a bun, and out of the door.

Since I am still trying to get on the cowashing bandwagon myself and I am in a booty cold climate (MI), I put water and other select items in a spray bottle and dampen my hair with my mist. I have like water, some tea tree oil, Infusium 23 leave in, jojoba oil, shea butter oil, castor oil, and aloe vera in a spray bottle. I'll keep my hair tied back and mist in the morning and in the evening making sure I include the ends. You can make your own concoction you like and mist and I think get a lot of the same effect, so you don't have to be completely dripping like a gheri curl if you don't want to be.... Not that there is anything wrong with gheri curls... Haha... :hair:

In the shower I take some condish + work it in my hair a bit, rinse and repeat. When I get out, I take whatever leave in (usually Herbal Essences LTR, Garnier or None of your Frizzness) and work it through quick. I make a wet bun and let it air dry. That is all.

Back