Calling All Naturals who wore TWAs!

musiclova

Hey ladies I bc'd a couple of days ago and I need some helpful info on how often to shampoo, condition wash, deep condition and so on...I may post a pic soon but until then could y'all help a sista out. I need a recommendation for a good moisturizer. Today I clarified with an ACV rinse and then I shampooed with CON moist poo. I conditioned with Humectress and also used it as a leave in and then I applied my Pantene Hydrating curls mousse for curl definition. Thanks in Advance! I know you knowledgeable ladies will have some good advice!

I BC'd in August '06 to a 1 inch TWA and I used S Curl. I found it lasted all day so that I didn't have that dry looking Florida Evans fro:eek:

I co-washed every day because I excercis daily. My favoirite for co-wash is Hello Hydration by Herbal Essence. I wash about 3 times a week with Nexxuss Therappe.

I would recommend Dc'ing once a week, no less than that. As far as shampooing, use your judgement. I think ACV rinse and shampoo is a little much, choose one or the other. When I am not in braids, I think I shampoo about every three weeks. Thats is also because I don't use a lot of heavy products, but if I feel I need to, then I will just clarify and that will keep me for another two or three weeks.
hth

After I did my BC which has been about 16 months ago, I shampooed 2x a week with ABBA Cream Moist . I used the Vo5 champagne and strawberries conditioner and Wave Nouveau moisturizer. Wave Nouveau was ok until my hair got longer, then I needed a change. I didn't Deep condition alot when I had my TWA. The hairdresser who did my BC turned me on to Jane Carter Solution products.

I BC'd in August to two shrunken inches. I co-washed everyday because I didn't know about the blessing of deep conditioning. Now that I deep condition I don't think co-washing everyday or even every other day is necessary...I definitely wish that I had known about this months ago. Like on of the other ladies posted...I used S-curl too and my hair stayed moist all day...but I switched to protective styling for the winter because I have yet to find a product that's good for the winter.

Back