CALLING ALL NATURAL, TRANSITIONERS, TEXTURIZED HAIR!

bravenewgirl87

So i have this HUGE problem with dryness, esp. the hair that is not texturized/relaxed. My hair is super dry and ORS Replenishing Pak only seems to work temporarily. What deep conditioner do you swear works on any all your hair, all the time-->consistent? Which one would you choke someone for if it was the laaaast bottle on earth?

The ORS Pak works fine for me. But LeKair Shea Cholesterol Creme works too. And it smells yummy. :lick: And you can find a tub of it for less than $3.

Are you looking for a conditioner, or a leave in moisturizer?

I love L'oreal Mega Moisture (in the yellow tub) and Redken Smooth Down Butter Cream for conditioners--sometimes I leave some in for moisture.

I like to use natural oils to seal in the moisture I get when I rinse my hair. I follow a shampoo or CO wash with coconut oil, emu oil, or grapeseed oil. You have to find one that works best for you. The Dabur Vatika oil works well for many. Apply after towel-sponging hair, so it's damp but not dripping wet--unless you're gonna roller set or twist. If so, start with wet hair.

Like bmoreflyygirl I use ORS Replenishing Pak but only after I deep condition with LeKair Cholesterol. This works pretty well for my hair. Sometimes my hair gets tired of it and I use Aubrey Organics or Suave milk and honey or Rusk. But cholesterol is my good old staple. I only use the ORS to "finish off"

Try the Fantasia Deep Penetrating Creme Moisturizer or some Lekair Cholesterol. I only use the regular Lekair Cholesterol that's orange colored, but I've heard good things about the Lekairs that have olive oil and shea butter in them. HTH.

bravenewgirl87 said:
So i have this HUGE problem with dryness, esp. the hair that is not texturized/relaxed. My hair is super dry and ORS Replenishing Pak only seems to work temporarily. What deep conditioner do you swear works on any all your hair, all the time-->consistent? Which one would you choke someone for if it was the laaaast bottle on earth?

Le Kair cholesterol mixed with [olive, carrot, castor, almond] oils, shea butter, beef narrow, avocado and coconut milk, essential oils(lavandar & rosemary):)

bravenewgirl87 said:
bumping bumping bumping

oh, and i saw lekair the other day too... where can you get that? Walgreens?
I can't remember seeing any Lekair conditioner in Walgreens. I usually buy mine at Walmart or at a local beauty supply store.

bravenewgirl87 said:

LMAO! I would choke somebody for Fredric Fekkai Shea Butter Hair Mask, it costs a pretty penny but it WORKS like a deep conditioner should and it lasts a really long time

I LOVE to Cw,then queen helene Cholestol w/heat for 20 min,acv rinse,then cw ,rinse. Hair is like butter.hth 17 weeks post

IrisDaVirus said:
I can't remember seeing any Lekair conditioner in Walgreens. I usually buy mine at Walmart or at a local beauty supply store.

Yes, probably cheaper @ Wal-mart. I like that Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol.:grin:

I know a lot of people don't like Pantene but I swear by Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning Mask. I also really like Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask. I get very moisturized hair from both of these.

singing from the moutaintops...........aubrey organics <insert music notes here>

natural hair loves it.

tex'd hair loves it.

;)

jtsupanova said:
LMAO! I would choke somebody for Fredric Fekkai Shea Butter Hair Mask, it costs a pretty penny but it WORKS like a deep conditioner should and it lasts a really long time

I've heard about it. Can you mix deep conditioners? Or is that pointless

I man, I can't remember the last time I deep conditioned :( (I'm such a slacker!)

I think what's saving me is my daily moisturizer and conditioner washing with DevaCurl One Conditioner (about 2 times a week now for the winter). I use Curly Buttercreme daily.

You can mix it if you want to, inorder to strech it out and make it last longer especially if you find something that mixes well. But I have found with the the Fekkia that it works better on its own.
hth

Have you clarified? Maybe the stuff you're using just isn't getting in. I have the same kinds of problems after I've used cones for a while w/o clarifying.

Last edited:
I like Hello Hydration and Aubrey Organics...but I also like Kenra too. I usually end up using any one of these when I deep condition, and I get great results everytime...

Back