Calling all nappy heads -Hairstyle question

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Hey fellow nappies, quick question. This one goes out especially to those that have puffy puffy roots. Do you ever do a style where you kind of push the sides up with pretty combs and leave the top /back flowing? Kind of like a mohawk? Does that make sense? I can't really do ponytails because of my "ruuts" (way to much manipulation" but I'd like to do some kind up up do that i can do every day. Is anyone rocking the little comb thingys?

One style I had was cornrowed in the front with bantu knots at the part. I used bobby pins to mohawk the back.

Got lots of compliments.

The pics are stuck on my cell phone and cannot be e-mailed for some strange reason:ohwell:

One style I had was cornrowed in the front with bantu knots at the part. I used bobby pins to mohawk the back.

Got lots of compliments.

The pics are stuck on my cell phone and cannot be e-mailed for some strange reason:ohwell:
I wish I could see that :yep:

a 'frohawk'?

Lys

ETA: check out this link, do you mean something like the pic in pst #2?

YES YES YES!! Thank you. I wonder how she did that. I'm going to send her a pm. Thanks Lys :grin:

Your welcome. You might want to do a search on NP.com too. Frohawks are pretty popular over there.

Lys

a 'frohawk'?

Lys

ETA: check out this link, do you mean something like the pic in pst #2?

:lachen:@ frohawk.

nah, son not gon rock no combs or frohawk. i have seen it done and depending on the person it can look good. i kinda prefer one side with the comb....like Ishe (click name to see pic)

Edit: I just noticed that if u don't have a myspace u can't see the pic. here it is:
ishe.jpg

Last edited:
Your welcome. You might want to do a search on NP.com too. Frohawks are pretty popular over there.

Lys
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to sneak over :sekret:

:lachen:@ frohawk.

nah, son not gon rock no combs or frohawk. i have seen it done and depending on the person it can look good. i kinda prefer one side with the comb....like Ishe (click name to see pic)
Her hair is beautiful. I think I will try one though because it seems quite simple, especially with cute little comb thingys.

lol @ "ruuts" :lol:.

all my fro-hawks look a h.a.m. i have one of those combs and have used it to hold one side up. no pics though, i only have one when i was at the club and the humidity totally did a number on my hair.

the comb looks like this:

69469_200.jpg

styles vary, of course.

Last edited:
Yep, used to wear that when I sported a TWA in high school, usually just on one side, but every now and then a fro-hawk. When I shared a story of being sent to the dorms to undo my cornrow on the side, I was trying to create that one side look with a cornrow but had to change it and use a sidecomb coz that was what could pass. The combs looked like this

40073.gif

and had to be black or brown. No other colors were allowed in school.

Yep, used to wear that when I sported a TWA in high school, usually just on one side, but every now and then a fro-hawk. When I shared a story of being sent to the dorms to undo my cornrow on the side, I was trying to create that one side look with a cornrow but had to change it and use a sidecomb coz that was what could pass. The combs looked like this

40073.gif

and had to be black or brown. No other colors were allowed in school.

you weren't allowed to cornrow your hair?

Lys

Back