calling all members with types 2b and 2c!

alwaysonthegrow

I have type 2b hair and I cannot do anything with it!!! I have tried to wear it straight/relaxed but I have the biggest problem with frizz...I wear it wavy but it doesn't look so great because it's not as long as I wish it could be...My ultimate goal is to wear my hair like Ananda and Chilli from TLC...so members, give me your best suggestions and save me from this rut!!! Thanks in advance!

What is the length of your hair? Although my is relaxed (but not bone straight), my hair is still quite wavey. I like to wear it out and wavey once in a while. However 'the bun' is my style of choice. Have you tried using a serum that combats frizz? Those are pretty good at keeping frizz away.

Thanks Allandra! I have tried a few things that claim to calm frizz such as aveda brilliance, the humectant and frizz ease...My hair now is about 14' in lenghth from the scalp in many places, but it is also layered..it is about 2" from the top of my bra strap when straightened and a litlle past my shoulders when worn wavy. do you know any better frizz products?

The Aveda Humectant is a no-no(attracts the humidity)... you should of tried the ANTI-Humectant.
Also I find a little success when I air dry by applying Sebastion Wet with a little wildgrowth oil followed by a serum when the hair is damp..not wet...
But mostly I just go ahead and where a bun until the humitity is gone. However I have had success of no frizz when I flat iron....but I'm reserving that for no more than once every 2 weeks..or special occasions.
Plus I have a few layers left that tend to frizz(the ends) and that is why I want the rest of mine gone...but right now they are not so bad now that they have grown out and are mostly at the bottom of my hair...

What I do to prevent frizz is to apply the following after I shampoo and condition:

leave-in conditioner
moisturizer
serum

I think the serum helps the most (for my hair). Click on my name and you'll see my web site. You'll see there a list of my current product stash.

HTH.

I'd really like to know what hair products you have been using, especially with your conditioners. Sometimes a heavier moisturizing conditioner can actually make the frizz much worse.

I do not use the anti-frizz serums, but have found that using a lighter regular conditioner makes a tremendous difference when the humidity is extreme.

I think so many of us are waiting for this horrible humidity to LEAVE.

Cheers,

Jade

Back