calling all londoners!!!!

kimbaparis

i live in france and will be in london for the weekend. i want to pick up some products like CHI silk infusion etc. do you recommend any place in particular for one stop shopping? i gather brixton is best, but i will probably be in central london. i am good on the tube though. thanks!!
kimbap

Greaaaaaaaat post Kimba !!

I wanna know too. I'll go to London for my winter vacations.
Preparing a note pad right now :D

Bonjour tout le monde !!!:)

Bumping !!!

Londoners, puuuuuuuhhhhlllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzeeeeee, help us !!!!!!!:(

Hi Kimbaparis,
you could also try Wembley, Peckham, Harlesden, Hackney, Dalston or Brixton. Usually on the High Streets. After Peckham, Brixton comes a close second.

HHG,
MeechUK

'Paks' in Finsbury Park
'Julietts' in Harlesden (and loads of other shops in Harlesden too).
'Charlies' in Shepherds Bush

all are my faves :yep: :up:

there is a really good store i know in Finsbury park but can't remember the name..... to be honest it's a bit difficult to explain the directions.:(

however peckham is def. a good choice there are so many to choose from but i think 'Ace' is probably the easiest to get to. i only know how to get there on train...(don't have a clue about the buses). from londonbridge underground follow the signs to the surface train and go to 'peckham rye'.
all the times i've gone the train has left from platform 14, 15 or 16. there are usually two stops before the station... south bermonsey and Queen's road peckham....on the train to victoria. i think there might be other trains that stop here as well but can't remember any now.

once you step out of the station, walk straight up to the motor way
(there's some shop that sells african food on the right - if that helps) and its on your left side across the road.

hope this helps!
also although i don't know any shops in particular, elephant and castle, i've been told is excellent for hair products and cheap salons. you can find it on the tube map easily.:)

I'm back from London:
Thanks for all of the advice friends across the channel!!!!
I went to Paks in Finsbury Park. Never found the Chi Silk Infusion, but I did pick up a few other things I had been reading about--Surge Woogee Cream, and QP deep conditioner. It looks like a great non-protein conditioner. Those are hard to find in Paris. And some Aphoghee. I saw an expensive German product line, darn, I forgot to write down the name. It comes in very small bottles. Anyone know it?

Kimba, do you know if Suave or VO5 conditionners can be found in England ?

I'm getting tired of looking for these :ohwell:

Amylee said:

I'm pretty sure I did see those. I heard so much about those too, but I really like the Dove conditioner in the blue plastic bottle (I think it's the one for defrissaged hair for co-washes. It has great moisturizing ingredients). So for that reason I didn't look for the Suave or VO5. They definitely have much more than we have here. It was like being back in NYC!!!
P.S. do you go to a salon here. I tried Phytospecific but think it may have made my hair break. I am thiking of going to ethnicia and trying the mizani relaxer.

Whoohooo !!! Great news !!! I've been wanting to try them for so long :D

Where do you get the Dove conditionner. I never saw it anywhere...I feel like I'm blind right now, LOL :) Does it contain silicones?

I don't know any salon using Mizani here, but I know you can find Mizani products at the Galeries Lafayettes. I'll send you a PM if I find the name of the hairdresser selling it there.

When I relaxed my hair I would go to Chantal Virapin. It's located Rue de Clignacourt. All black hairdressers. The girls are pretty good, but don't let any male hairdresser touch your hair there. Last time, it was a guy who relaxed my hair, and he was just incompetent !!!:mad:

Hi,
I live in Brixton and like most I agree that Peckham is better. But you won’t find CHI silk infusion in either place. There is however a Sally’s in Streatham, which about 10/15 minutes from Brixton. So you might be better off shopping in Brixton and then popping to Streatham.

Directions:
You can catch these buses from Brixton outside Woolworths / Barclays Bank – 190, 250, 118 or 159.
Tell the bus driver you want to go to the BINGO hall on Streatham high Street.
Sit on the right hand side of the bus as both the bingo hall and Sally’s are across the street.
Get off when you see the Bingo hall and cross the street.
Walk BACK on yourself. Sally’s is a few buildings past the Bingo Hall.
Cant’t miss it!

Hope that helps.

Amylee said:

I'm from London and they dont have Suave here (I got it from St Lucia) but they do have some V05 conditioners.

lonei said:
I'm from London and they dont have Suave here (I got it from St Lucia) but they do have some V05 conditioners.

Thank you Lonei. I'm a little disappointed :(

Anyway...I'll wait till summer so I can get it in St Lucia or St Martin. I'm a Caribbean girl too:D !!!

sweetwhispers said:
I think the UK version of suave is probably Alberto Balsam- good cheapy conditioners. You'lll find VO5 at the £1 shop.

Thanks SW !!! I need to start saving money...:perplexed

hello fellow londoners. have posted a newbie but no replies so i thought i'd try here, just a bit of direction needed, when i airdry the top of my hair is soft, but underneath is dry and crunchy hair, currently using s curl and MOP products and sealing with almond oil, any tips will be most helpful, ps how do i do fotki:p

Hiya,
I have relaxed hair, iguess it's only been a week so maybe i've got to be a bit more patient, my scalp is real itchy last relaxed in december but trying to stretch for longer till end of feb if poss, not sure if i should clarify or if its my hair growing?

Back