Calling all ladies in the APL challenge. Midway checkin!

i'd say i'm about 3 inches away in the back. i'll say 4 to be safe.

(in the other post i put 2.5 to 3 inches...but you know...haha)

not sure i'll make it by christmas
but i'm more confident than i was
that i'll be closer than i would have thought i'd be

I am about 2 inches from APL on the sides, and i have a long part that is APL. I wanna claim it when most of my hair is APL... .I took and will post some pics tomorrow........ I hope to see it by Decemeber or at least have the sides be 1 in from APL and the long part be past...
But when i wear my hair down you really cant tell where it is as far as length. I just looks SL to me

so,
i just gave myself an inch/inch.5 trim

i needed it
i hadnt trimmed or cut my hair in any way
in a year and a half
and i've been seeing my ends go blaaaaah.
i tried to avoid it...((sigh))
oh well...it's not too bad, i guess?

onward and upward we go!!!

Im so sad...

My hair texture has improved... Its soft and smooth and everything I wanted it to be. My ends aren't split. I retain a lot more hair than I used to as well. And my hair is shinier too...

For the first time in a long time I got my hair super straight. I used CHI silk infusion and my CHI iron after conditioning with CON just to be careful and my hair turned out great. Its longer... prettier, feels better... But it doesn't look like my hair! (which is a good thing, cause my hair looked awful before :nono:) However, all of a sudden my hair looks V-Shaped?! No wonder my kitchen grows so fast, my whole back of my head is beating the front.

My sides are like 4 inches away (I never considered this before) but my middle is just barely touching it. So I m guessing by December the middle should be just past APL and the sides almost 2 inches away. I guess thats close enough.... :ohwell: grrr...

I just finished taking down my twists. I had them since July. Dry my hair looks like its about less than 1/2 a inch from APL. I am debating if I want to get a perm. I might just wait until Feb. I dunno but good luck to you all.

I just finished taking down my twists. I had them since July. Dry my hair looks like its about less than 1/2 a inch from APL. I am debating if I want to get a perm. I might just wait until Feb. I dunno but good luck to you all.

That is AWESOME!! I can't wait until we reveal our hair at the end of december :)

First of all, I must say all of you ladies have made TREMENDOUS progress!! I had breakage in the middle of my head and I'm so glad it's filling in nicely after all the babying. I don't know how many more inches I have to go but I would like to claim full APL ,not just a few strands and that's looking like feb or march of next year. :yep:

Not for sure how long my hair really since I have not worn it straight since I relaxed in Aug but I have a feeling I am no where near full APL! I want it so bad by Dec but I have neglected my poor hair over the last months I know thats not possible. I am about to be consistent with everything now that things have calmed down. Keep up the faith we will make it there ladies :grin:

I'm sorry ladies but i'm going to have to drop out of this challenge...I'm set to have surgery the second week in december..I will be out of commission for 6 to 8 weeks:cry:..So I want be able to reveal with everyone, because my hair will be up..I'm sorry ladies..I'm an inch away right now..I hope my hair doesn't go to smoke...:wallbash:

Last edited:
Update for me... I think I may make it because I relaxed my hair and it was so underprocessed in the back that I decided to take a wet hair pic to try and show some length/progress and it looks like my ends are touching the towel (underneath my armpits). So I hope to be there by Dec 31 @ 11:59 like I said before :).

I'm doing my touch-up tomorrow so I'll see how far I got since my last touch-up.. I have a lot of shrinkage right now, I hope to be presently surprised at the results :grin:

I am still trying to get my sides to grow to APL... I think I might make it by Dec... I have been having some issues with my hair shedding/breaking but, I think I will be OK and make it by Dec. if not I will just make full APL sometime in 2008...:look::ohwell::nono::drunk::spinning::sad::yep:....​

Back