Calling All Keracare Ladies!!!

seymone

Is 40 bucks too much to pay for the keracare reconstructor? Has anyone ever tried it? Is it worth the money?

I want to know this too. I bought one for $40 a few the weeks ago, but the directions say to use with Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor. So I have to buy that as well? :sad:

Someone posted the ingredients a while ago and it's basically Nexxus Emergencee, but two of the ingredients are swapped in different orders.

Here is a quote from Karly from this thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=43839&highlight=keracare+reconstructor+ingredients

I can't really say that I've noticed any other difference. They're both very good products.

Keracare Super Reconstructor Ingredients/Composition: Aqua, Collagen Amino Acids, polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium PCA, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Nexxus Emergencee Ingredients/Composition: Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Water (Aqua), Collagen Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

Can't vouch for its effectiveness, but I can say it is only $24 when you buy it from Irby's. The 5-in-1 is cheaper, and I happen to like it. Why does it suggest using the two together?

I use most of keracare products except for 5 in 1 and reconstucter. I use Aphogee or Keraphix reconstructer. Looks like you might have to give it a try and let us know is it worth the dinero. Keracare product line is not known for being inexpensive.

Affirm 5 in 1 ingredients (I am posting these so I can know exactly where to search when I need it)

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Urea, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Dimethyl Stearamine, PEG-3 Tallow Aminopropylamine, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-6, Polyquaternium-11, Isostearyl Ethylimidonium Ethosulfate, Polyacrylamide, Ceteth-20, Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG-100 Stearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, imidazolidinyl Urea, Perfume, Terasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, FD&C Yellow #5...

$40 is too much, Irby's has it cheaper and like someone posted their ingredients are basically the same as emergencee and in my opinion emergencee is better. I have used both.

Back