Calling all K.I.S.S. Naturals and Texlaxers

tiredbeauty

Hi Ladies

Ima admit it, I'm super lazy when it comes to my hair:blush:. I read someone recently say they dont want to become a slave to their hair and I cosign 150%! My regimen includes washing it twice a week (co-wash on Wed and DC overnight Fri-Sat) and keeping it in flat two-strand flat twists for the duration of Fall and Winter :grin:.

I'm transitioning from relaxed to texlaxed and I stretch my relaxers every 6 months (I started my journey Feb of this year, so I'm in my second 6 month stretch and now dealing with texlax/natural/relaxed textures). About a month ago, I noticed my hair was SUPER dry (seriously, it was ridiculous...think sandpaper! :ohwell:) and I realized that its because I'm using the same products as I did when I was relaxed because I was concerned about weighing my hair down too much (I only wear twist-outs) but now that I've realized that I need to add more moisture, I want to see what you are putting in your hair to achieve moisture and super soft hair :yep:

what do you use? I have 4ish type hair

I currently use Giovanni's direct leave in and just started also using Cantu Shea butter again and it's helping with the moisture but It's not making my hair soft...is it terrible to want stupid soft hair? :lol:

Thanks Ladies!

tiredbeauty, I use nothing but I baggy nightly. I have the same wash regimen as you but I don't DC overnight. Just before I wash per the directions on the products I'm using. I also do ACV rinses to seal hair cuticle.

I also would like to mention that when I joined LHCF I found the products relaxed people used were the best products for hair. I learned about AO GPB, S Curl, DCing all from relaxed people and so IMO their products are the best for moisture because the altered structure in their hair seemed to make them seek out the best their is. So I don't think the products you used when you were relaxed really have anything to do with you not having moisture. I think you're just more aware of your hair and its needs than you were before you started caring seriously about your hair so you're noticing things you didn't notice before. Shea butter makes my hair hard. TBH, I find products that are promoted by natural 4-ish folks just don't work for me. I'm better off going bare and just making sure to condition my hair well and baggy every night to recycle the moisture.

Anyway, I don't know anything else that will leave your hair feeling as good as S Curl No Drip Activator. If I do use a leave-in, that's the ONLY product I will use. If you don't like the smell, then Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 is close second.

Check out this thread and see my advice on keeping hair soft and the difference this made to my mom's hair: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=526649

I used to use water + a little suave conditioner + a dollop of castor oil (in a spray bottle) as my leave in. That was the first thing that kept my hair moisturized all day. Later I switched to water + aloe + castor oil which works just as well.

I also DC once a week.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Cosigning on the Qhemet Heavy Cream and castor oil.

Anything of Qhemet's is gonna give crazy moisture and so will baggying. Have you ever tried it?

Using a leave-in has never properly moisturized my hair. It'll fee nice while it's wet, but dries crunchy and hard. So I ditched all leave-ins and now only use conditioner or moisturizer after washing. Big difference. :yep:

Thank you ladies!!

Nonie -I do have s-curl! I I actually haven't used it in a while, I'm going to have to take it back out use it again and see how my hair reacts now that it's more textured, cause my hair didn't like it when I was relaxed. Thank you for the link too!

foxxy- Thank you, I'll look into concocting a spray of some sort

Evallusion and Tiffers - I'll look into the heavy cream! I have some raw shea butter and I, just might have to whip something up in my kitchen.

tiffers - I forgot to add that I do have begun to baggy every night (also part of my winter regi) and that's because I believe it was Noni who said that it helped her keep her twists in longer, which is helping until my hair dries...then it feels a little dry, but with more(er, maybe) product I think I can remedy that.

Cosigning on the Qhemet Heavy Cream and castor oil.

Anything of Qhemet's is gonna give crazy moisture and so will baggying. Have you ever tried it?

Using a leave-in has never properly moisturized my hair. It'll fee nice while it's wet, but dries crunchy and hard. So I ditched all leave-ins and now only use conditioner or moisturizer after washing. Big difference. :yep:

I use a leave-in in addition to a moisturizer. What do you all think about that?

I'm not lazy I just believe in zen simplicity of hair :). And in the winter months esp. my routine gets very simple coz my hair stays braided or twisted under a wig or a head wrap, or a scarf. I use shampoo, conditioner and oil, that's it.

I've been doing water, aussie moist, and coconut oil in a spray bottle but recently I switched to jane carter leave in and flaxseed gel then seal with whatever I feel like sealing with that day. I'm loving how the moisture lasts all day.

Back