Calling All Hairologists for the No Rollers, No Heat, No Pins=Curls experiment

@leona2025 since your hair is so long, all you should do is 2-4 big bantu knots. That's what I did when my hair was longer. When I did a lot, my just looked stupid-crazy

Ugh mine did not come out too good, so instead I put my hair in a ponytail and did one big cacoon and it came out in pretty waves. I'm going to try the 4 big knots. My bantus have me looking homeless:lachen:.

You can achieve the same results with less stress just by doing pin curls on your natural/relaxed or flat ironed hair. Then you wouldnt have to worry about the possibility of getting tangles.

You can achieve the same results with less stress just by doing pin curls on your natural/relaxed or flat ironed hair. Then you wouldnt have to worry about the possibility of getting tangles.

I know, I usually do pin curls, but I liked this method because it gets rid of the pins and I found that sleeping on it was more comfortable than sleeping on pin curls.

Also, there's no root tension so I think long term it'll be healthier for my edges. I've only done it once so far, but there were no tangling issues at all. My natural, unstraightened, 4a/b hair dropped with a tug just like the girl's in the video.

The big bonus for me is that I'm planning to go on vacation in May and this method is a tool/product free option for styling my hair.

It banished the parts but the curl was a no go,you can actually make the curls flip depending on which direction you wrap the hair. I will experiement with it a little more.

I love that you can sleep with the cocoons and not feel them

It banished the parts but the curl was a no go,you can actually make the curls flip depending on which direction you wrap the hair. I will experiement with it a little more.

I love that you can sleep with the cocoons and not feel them

gn1g The easy sleeping makes this a keeper for me. Try doing a large 2 strand twist then make the cocoon. I really liked the curls I ended up with doing that. It's held up nicely too. I put it up in a pineapple last night. I had wearable curls today. :yep:

Ugh mine did not come out too good, so instead I put my hair in a ponytail and did one big cacoon and it came out in pretty waves. I'm going to try the 4 big knots. My bantus have me looking homeless:lachen:.
I look forward to the point where all I need is 1 bantu knot. Those big waves are so pretty. You should post a pic :).

gn1g LOL, It's when you gather the hair into a loose pony at the top of your head. It kinda looks like a pinapple 'cause you don't stretch the curls out of shape. Then you cover it as usual.

As soon as I get out of these plaits, I'm definitely trying that. As a matter of fact, I'm going to try it on my plaits this weekend and re-boil them.

Oh btw I couldn't get these to hold on my plaits without a considerable amount of time and energy so I hung up the towel. I think my plaits are too thick. Will definitely try on my 6 months post hair when I remove the plaits.

Oh btw I couldn't get these to hold on my plaits without a considerable amount of time and energy so I hung up the towel. I think my plaits are too thick. Will definitely try on my 6 months post hair when I remove the plaits.

Sorry about that :nono:, I think it will work better on your hair.

Back