CALLING ALL HAIR GURUS!!!!..........

BlackButterflyz

Don't waste the pretty...
...yes this means you...

Ok ladies, here is the story. I am taking my braids out this weekend (I've had micros in for about a month and a half), and I need a way to style my hair for three weeks until I get a touch-up. The only problem is that I haven't had a touch up since April (believe me this is a long time for a chic who used to relax her hair every six weeks religiously)- and I need a way to style that reqires little/no heat, and little manipulation because I have about 2.5inches of new growth. I can't do braid/twist outs on my wet hair because I have breakage-prone hair (which I'm starting to get under control thanks to you gals), and I don't want all my hair winding up in the sink. I was thinking maybe doing a roller set to let it air dry straight and then doing a twist out on my hair once it's dry??? (I know that sounds like a hassle but I am trying reeeeaaallllly hard to stay away from the blow dryer so ya'll don't beat me
spank.gif
. Read this story if you don't know why I should stay far far away from blowdryers
naughty.gif
) Has anyone done a roller set on hair that has substantial new growth??? How about a roller set on flexi-rods for a curly style??? I'm thinking with all this new growth that it might come out looking like an afro with a wig on top
perplexed.gif
- you know, a hairfro-yikes!! Please help!!!!

Oh yeah...I hate to wear my hair in ponytails/buns...I look like a pumkin face when I do (actually that is my nickname-Pumpkin)

Thanks to all hair gurus in advance

Hummm, I think a rollerset, maybe spirals or a straw set would look pretty good. The straw set especially would look good with the volumn underneath.

if you want little manipultion you could try slick back buns and ponytails. but if you want something different u should do a straw set because regular roller sets dont hide new growth too good.

girl it sounds like you need a headband or a scarf! rollerset that stuff but not with setting lotion or gel- just water and your fav. leave in. Then when its dry apply more moisture i.e. cream or liquid leave in and oil whatever to make it soft then GENTLY brush your roots down and put the headband/scarf on and let your curls hang down. Then you can keep your newgrowth moisturized while covering up the "fro" and look cute. Also when your curls fall you can mist your hair with water or apply leave in and plait your length for a wavy look!!
hth
caralexis

Back