Calling all fine 4a/4bs!!!!....rop

Tigerlilli0

What combinations of hair products have made your hair its strongest, longer and less prone to breakage?

Here's my list
keracare hydrating poo + aphogee 2 step + aphogee 2 minute/kerastase masquintence or alfaparf blue shine vials.

keracare hydrating poo + emergencee + 2 min

It wasn't until I discovered moisture protein balance that my hair has gotten a bit better. Not what I want but a little bit full and healthier which is the best I can hope for I guess.

What products/routines/changes have helped thicken up your fine hair and prevent breakage.

I stopped using heat about 2 years ago and my hair made a total transformation. Recently I've used a flat iron just a tiny bit to smooth the dents from ponytail rollersets. But I'm going to try and find a way around that too.

I haven't found anything to actually thicken my hair and I am "askeered" of the henna, but I find being gentle when manipulating my fine tresses to be the best way to keep the hair on my head.

I haven't found anything to actually thicken my hair and I am "askeered" of the henna, but I find being gentle when manipulating my fine tresses to be the best way to keep the hair on my head.

I'm also "askeered" of henna AND Aphogee. I've read some horror stories about that one. I've used Nexxus Emergencee a few times and so far so good.

I have fine 4a hair and Phyto products have worked wonders for me. In the beginning, my hair was chin lenghth, very dry, thin, damaged and brittle. My edges were thin and the hair on the nape of my neck was virtually nonexistant. I started using:

1. phytonectar shampoo
2. phytokarite ultra nourishing
conditioner (deep conditioning every week)
this conditioner is moisture+protein
3. phytojojoba conditioner (for x-tra moisture)
4. phytomist or phytospecific integral hydrating mist (leave in)
5. coconut oil as a prepoo, seal after cond wash, and added with deep cond treatments.

1 year later, my hair is a little past shoulder length, thicker, and healthier than its ever been. I finally have hair on the nape of my neck...no bald patches like i used to.
I know the products are pricy, $30-35 per bottle, but if you can afford it, its worth it. They really work.

My conditioner mixture has totally turned my hair around...olive oil, plain full fat yogurt and honey. My hair is well moisturized and strong...I think it has been the key in helping me retain length.

for me it's not about the product, the use or non-use of combs/brushes, the heat... what it's about is not SATURATING my hair with anything! My hair has thrived using this approach. I blow dry my hair liberally and don't have any breakage anymore.

Hair cleanser and conditioner is good for my hair and lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol
1. I don't wrap my hair often. (Just for the first day of my roller wrap then I just pin curl)
2. Strech Relaxers (Im a seasonal relaxer, 1x in spring, summer, fall and winter
3. JBCO for my prepoo
4. Stay away from direct heat too often, maybe 1x month for me
5. TRIM YOUR ENDS!!! LOOK AT MY SIGGY

While I love L'occitane for moisture, the perfect moisture protein formulation for MY hair is Aveda's Shampure poo and conditioner. My breakage is DRASTICALLY reduced. I' m also detangling with the Ouidad comb, which keeps more hair on my head. I'm really happy how my hair is looking these days with this regimen: full and thick with way less breakage.

I've found that protein and moisture balance is key and also Clairol Beautiful Collection color actually works like a protein treatment in that it thickens the hair and makes it stronger. So I alternate between color treatments, Aphogee 2 minute and use Mizani Fulfyl for my regular weekly DCs. It really helps my hair have more weight, strength and body with softness.

I also use JCS Leave-in as my daily moisturizer and Nourish and Shine to seal. Both are very light so my hair doesn't get weighed down. I don't use oils anymore because they build up too much too quickly.

I don't know if you're relaxed or not, but when I was I used Nexxus Therapee, Humectress, and Emergencee (and their heat thingy)if I planned on blow drying or flat ironing). My hair turned around with that line. I also stretched my relaxers (before I knew what stretching was. I just called it being cheap) and would only allow my relaxer to be left on for about 5 minutes.

Now that I'm natural I don't need as much protein, but my hair is fine so I use Apoghee 2 minute reconstructor every other week. I also use Megatek before conditioning once or twice a month depending on what my hair demands. I've switched to Giovanni products because they give me slip, which is important when detangling fine/natural hair (which I do in the shower) and the products don't contain sulfate/mineral oil/petroleum which dries my hair out/throws me off balance. The slip is also important b/c I can't handle single-strand knots. I gotta keep what I've got! Giovanni Direct Leave-In provides enough moisture after the shower and I have a happy moisture/protein balance. I did notice larger strands when I used Mega-Tek more often.

I found these products helpful:

castor oil on the scalp
aveda DR after every wah
joico leave-in reconstructor every other day during my stretch
stretching for 10-12 wks
texlaxing (I used to relax bone straight)
jane carter leave in conditioner
coconut oil on ends

My hair has done a complete turn around in terms of thickness. What has helped is:-

Stretching relaxers
Weekly steaming
Castor oil to seal
Aveda DR weekly

I'm also going to be buying Dudley's DRC which is supposed to be a lot better than the Aphogee 2 step.

Hot oil treatments with coconut oil as a pre poo
Deep conditioning twice a week, one moisture and one lite protein
Steaming once a week with moisture conditioner
Stretching my relaxers 10 to 12 weeks

I just started applying castor oil to my scalp the night before my wash days about two weeks ago, so far so good but I will make up my mind in a month or so.

Fine haired 4b checking in. The products that I have found work best for me are

Poo/Cleansers: WEN, Aphogee for Damaged hair and ORS Aloe Rid
Conditioners: Silicon Mix, WEN, ORS Olive Oil Replenishing, ORS Mayo, Aussie Moist, V05
Moisturizers: Hairveda Whipped Ends Hyrdation, QB Heavy Cream
Oils: HV Cockasta Shikaki Oil, and JBCO

Back