Calling All Fall or 3/4 wig Experts...

secretrose

I need your help before i hit the poor house. Dang! I have bought 3 falls in the last month. 2 synthetic and one human hair. They are all crap :wallbash:

My hair actually looks 10 times better than the fall hair.:ohwell:

My question is where do I find quality human hair falls. I've wasted over $150 in the past 4 weeks on garbage. I got them from Local BSS's

I had to result to bunning my fall, WTH, If I wanted to bun, I could just use my normal hair for that. TIA

I need your help before i hit the poor house. Dang! I have bought 3 falls in the last month. 2 synthetic and one human hair. They are all crap :wallbash:

My hair actually looks 10 times better than the fall hair.:ohwell:

My question is where do I find quality human hair falls. I've wasted over $150 in the past 4 weeks on garbage. I got them from Local BSS's

I had to result to bunning my fall, WTH, If I wanted to bun, I could just use my normal hair for that. TIA

OMG:blush: $150 for 3 falls?? I pay about $20-$25 a pop for mine. All of them are synthetic- I'm in Philly and I go to either Hair Town or House of Beauty. They are BSS, but bigger ones. You have to be careful though, because some BSS don't supply quality hair. All you have to do is keep them moisturized (just a little to keep up sheen), keep them brushed so they don't mat, and kept neatly- meaning layed out in a big, not balled up or anything. If you do those things, they should keep it's style for a long time. One thing I don't do it wash them and start again, I just buy new ones- I don't know how to wash them and fix them again. I'm sorry, I can't think or any brand names you can try off the top of my head. If I can remember- or if someone doesn't post some first, I'll get back on here and give you a few names. HTH:yep:

OMG:blush: $150 for 3 falls?? I pay about $20 a pop for mine. All of them are synthetic- I'm in Philly and I go to either Hair Town or House of Beauty. They are BSS, but bigger ones. You have to be careful though, because some BSS don't supply quality hair. All you have to do is keep them moisturized (just a little to keep up sheen), keep them brushed so they don't mat, and kept neatly- meaning layed out in a big, not balled up or anything. If you do those things, they should keep it's style for a long time. One thing I don't do it wash them and start again, I just buy new ones- I don't know how to wash them and fix them again. I'm sorry, I can't think or any brand names you can try off the top of my head. If I can remember- or if someone doesn't post some first, I'll get back on here and give you a few names. HTH:yep:

I think my problem is I wash them once a week. I hate that greasy look and since i put oils in my hair from time to time, it gets greasy. yea i feel like i was ripped off bad :sad: . I just bought a human hair fall last week for 70 bucks and it was tangling and shedding like crazy after the first wash. I followed the instructions. Turned it inside out and swished it over water. I added baking soda to clarify it. I'm so upset. I just want to trash it.

I think my problem is I wash them once a week. I hate that greasy look and since i put oils in my hair from time to time, it gets greasy. yea i feel like i was ripped off bad :sad: . I just bought a human hair fall last week for 70 bucks and it was tangling and shedding like crazy after the first wash. I followed the instructions. Turned it inside out and swished it over water. I added baking soda to clarify it. I'm so upset. I just want to trash it.

That may be what the problem is. You don't have to wash your wig like you wash your hair. The stuff you use for sheen, is it specifically for wigs? There's a sheen spray that you use just for wigs. a bottle is maybe about 3 dollars. Just spray a bit on your hand, rub together and rub over the wig while it's on your head. You'll have shine, but not a greasy shine. Also, you don't have to use sheen every single time you wear your wig., just put a little oil on the hair that your blending in with the wig so the shine matches- you don't want your own hair or the fall to look greasy. I'm still watching this thread, so you can ask away:yep: You can also PM me if you like.

oh I actually do not oil the fall whatsoever. I think they are too shiney on their own. I oil my scalp with a mix of oils while i do my scalp massages every night. The oils from my scalp get on the fall somehow during the day. I've since stopped oiling my scalp as much but i would like to find good quality hair. I don't mind paying the price as long as it lasts a while.

That may be what the problem is. You don't have to wash your wig like you wash your hair. The stuff you use for sheen, is it specifically for wigs? There's a sheen spray that you use just for wigs. a bottle is maybe about 3 dollars. Just spray a bit on your hand, rub together and rub over the wig while it's on your head. You'll have shine, but not a greasy shine. Also, you don't have to use sheen every single time you wear your wig., just put a little oil on the hair that your blending in with the wig so the shine matches- you don't want your own hair or the fall to look greasy. I'm still watching this thread, so you can ask away:yep: You can also PM me if you like.

You know we know....Philly stand up!

I'm looking to get back into wearing wigs. I don't like having to expose my hair to the elements and wool coats:look:

I would advise the OP against getting human hair wigs, I've never had a good experience with them.

ETA: I also pay $20-25. I mostly use Sensationelle and there was another one that's similar that I can't remember the name of and they're both 3/4 wigs, I've never gotten a full one because I think that it's harder to blend.

oh I actually do not oil the fall whatsoever. I think they are too shiney on their own. I oil my scalp with a mix of oils while i do my scalp massages every night. The oils from my scalp get on the fall somehow during the day. I've since stopped oiling my scalp as much but i would like to find good quality hair. I don't mind paying the price as long as it lasts a while.

Okay, I can understand that- they are shiny when you first get them. Are you oiling your hair and braiding it under the fall? Do you wear a wig cap? I don't really understand how the oil is transferring onto the wig though. I can see some, but not a lot. Wig caps should stop most of the oil transfer.

You know we know....Philly stand up!

I'm looking to get back into wearing wigs. I don't like having to expose my hair to the elements and wool coats:look:

I would advise the OP against getting human hair wigs, I've never had a good experience with them.

*Standing up* You know it! :grin: I started wearing half wigs when the colder weather started, braided under w/ wig cap. The elements and them darn wool coats are killaz! I had a human wig once- the only thing is, I wear wigs for ease and style. I don't want to have to get up and curl a wig... I could curl my own hair for all that LOL I like synthetic better.

yea, i guess I'm a bit heavy handed in the oiling. yes, I do braid my hair under the wig in cornrows. I heard some ppl complaining about wig caps and breakage so i'm scared to use them. :perplexed

Last edited:
Okay, I can understand that- they are shiny when you first get them. Are you oiling your hair and braiding it under the fall? Do you wear a wig cap? I don't really understand how the oil is transferring onto the wig though. I can see some, but not a lot. Wig caps should stop most of the oil transfer.

U make a good point about the synthetic wigs being easier on styling. I thought that was for me until I took a picture and realized what a huge difference in hair color. I am told I am a 1b but the synthetic 1b is so much darker than my hair and the 2 is too light. Are there any places that offer more variety in color for synthetic wigs?

yea, i guess I'm a bit heavy handed in the oiling. yes, I do braid my hair undet the wig in cornrows. I heard some ppl complaining about wig caps and breakage so i'm scard to use them. :perplexed

Yeah, I've heard about that too. I've been wearing half wigs on and off for years- I have never had breakage due to wig caps. Not saying that others don't, but I haven't. Someone on here also said that they put a satin cap on under the wig cap, I can see how that would work also- maybe if you had a doorag, cut off the back tail part, wrapped the tie part around and put on a wig cap. When I wear my half wig, it's just while I'm outside. When I come home, off comes the wig and the wig cap, maybe that's why I haven't had any breakage. Plus, with a half wig, the wig cap is not on the hairline, so I don't see where there could be breakage. HTH

Yeah, I've heard about that too. I've been wearing half wigs on and off for years- I have never had breakage due to wig caps. Not saying that others don't, but I haven't. Someone on here also said that they put a satin cap on under the wig cap, I can see how that would work also- maybe if you had a doorag, cut off the back tail part, wrapped the tie part around and put on a wig cap. When I wear my half wig, it's just while I'm outside. When I come home, off comes the wig and the wig cap, maybe that's why I haven't had any breakage. Plus, with a half wig, the wig cap is not on the hairline, so I don't see where there could be breakage. HTH

Thanks MtAiryHoney :) You have been so helpful. I think I will go back to synthetic once i find a better hair color match

U make a good point about the synthetic wigs being easier on styling. I thought that was for me until I took a picture and realized what a huge difference in hair color. I am told I am a 1b but the synthetic 1b is so much darker than my hair and the 2 is too light. Are there any places that offer more variety in color for synthetic wigs?

Synthetic wigs come in a rainbow of colors. I'm sure you can find one to match your hair. Also, when you oil your hair, it makes it look darker- so keep that in mind. About where you can find one, I'm not sure. What city or state are you located in? Also, ask around... ask people you know who wear them or weaves. Ask hair stylists, you know they have to buy weave hair. Where there's good quality weave, there's bound to be good quality wigs too.

Back