Calling All Colored Ladies...

pearlygurl

I just got highlights and I looooove them :) (sorry no pics :(). My question is if I need to start using products geared towards people who have color in their hair(my stylist used bleach for my highlights). If so, what products do you rec?

I recently applied some color to my hair. It has been a very challenging task to maintain the color in my hair. The key is to avoid products with very harsh and drying ingredients. Try to use hair products that are very gentle on the hair or ones that are manufactured for color treated hair. You should also maintain a balance of moisture and protein in your hair. Moisture to prevent dryness and breakage and protein to strengthen and also to prevent breakage. Good luck on your journey!!!:)

Great advice so far. You really will have to find the right balance (protein and moisture) for your hair. For protein, I like to use Surge 14 as a leave-in, Emergencee once a month, and a light protein (Keraphix, AO GPB) every other wash. I'm still working on the moisture. I like Phyto 7 for every other day or so. I love Salerm's Wheatgrass and Kenra conditioner for moisture. Good luck! I love color, but it does take a lot of work.

Yeah, I just got highlights about 5 weeks ago. And I'm loving them. :)
Anyway, sure, moisture is the key. I use NTM Pure Oil Strength Therapy on my colored roots and NTM Deep Hair Recovery Mask on my ends (even though there's no color there). They seem to work pretty well for me.

Back