CALLING ALL BRAID EXPERTS!!!!!.....

MRJ1972

My teenaged daughter wants waist length braids...she affectionately calls them "booty braids":blush:

I have seen lots of girls and ladies with them, but I dont know how to start the braids with the extension hair so that the hair ends up at waist length.

Any suggestions????

Thanks!!!

My teenaged daughter wants waist length braids...she affectionately calls them "booty braids":blush:

I have seen lots of girls and ladies with them, but I dont know how to start the braids with the extension hair so that the hair ends up at waist length.

Any suggestions????

Thanks!!!

i used to have braids down to my mid back and then the ends were knotted and soaked in hot water to seal in order to reach my waist. they used kanekalon hair (probably 48" in length?) for my braids, and since the hair isn't as long as my desired length, they would take a piece of hair for the first braid, and sort of stagger the strands for them to appear longer. so the ends on both sides of the length were uneven and thinned out at each end but looked longer. (does that make sense?) then, my braider would fold the hair in half around my actual hair and start the braid.

i'm sure someone who's really good at braiding will chime in but i wanted to share my experience since i did have super long braids.

for my long briads I would still cut my kankelon in half..take the hair for the briad and pull it at each end to make the ends uneven( as they are even after you cut them..blunt) after the hair is pulled uneven..then I would bend it in the middle ..pull any looses hairs from the peice and then add it too may hair...I dunno if that makes any sense..

i used to have braids down to my mid back and then the ends were knotted and soaked in hot water to seal in order to reach my waist. they used kanekalon hair (probably 48" in length?) for my braids, and since the hair isn't as long as my desired length, they would take a piece of hair for the first braid, and sort of stagger the strands for them to appear longer. so the ends on both sides of the length were uneven and thinned out at each end but looked longer. (does that make sense?) then, my braider would fold the hair in half around my actual hair and start the braid.

i'm sure someone who's really good at braiding will chime in but i wanted to share my experience since i did have super long braids.

I think I understand...I also need to make sure I purchase some very long kanekalon hair....Maybe just maybe, I will learn how to take photos and upload them so you guys can see the hairstyle...I plan to try them at the beginning of next month, when they get out of school!!!!:ohwell:

Back