Calling all Aubrey's & Giovanni users!!!! Sherrylove, Cichelle, and the rest of you!)

Divine Inspiration

Hey girls!

I'm looking for a SLS/ALS/paraben free poo & con. I was using AO's Honeysuckle Rose, but today it failed me. I think I need something creamier b/c I've always had success with creamy poos & cons. So my question is if AO makes a creamy poo (White Camellia?? Island Naturals??) with the matching con. I know that GPB is amazing and I've heard great things about Jojoba & Aloe con....are these creamy???

You ladies are the best! TIA! :kiss:

Divine Inspiration said:
Hey girls!

I'm looking for a SLS/ALS/paraben free poo & con. I was using AO's Honeysuckle Rose, but today it failed me. I think I need something creamier b/c I've always had success with creamy poos & cons. So my question is if AO makes a creamy poo (White Camellia?? Island Naturals??) with the matching con. I know that GPB is amazing and I've heard great things about Jojoba & Aloe con....are these creamy???

You ladies are the best! TIA! :kiss:

hey divine... i would say they (GPB and Jojoba&aloe) are creamy and moisturizing enough for me...honeysuckle rose is creamy enough for me as well. i find that most AO conditioners have a similar consistency. when i add AO's aloe vera gel to these conditioners it makes them both creamy and smooth at the same time..

GPB is very creamy although I have never used it before. I have another suggestion if I may, it's from Jason. The poo and con with natural peach extract and other very fine ingredients is super creamy and it is very natural.:yep:

Re: Calling all Aubrey's & Giovanni users!!!! Sherrylove, Cichelle, and the rest of y

Recently I tried watering down HSR to get a different consistency. I wanted something that wasn't quite as thick. While that made it "creamier" it didn't really give me the effect I was looking for. A friend suggested two things that worked for her. One was to add honey to it. She said she squeezes it into her hand and then puts honey over it (about 2:1), rubs it together and uses it in the regular manner. Another suggestion was to add oils to it. Yet another was to add aloe vera gel. I have not really tried any of these things in the manner described BUT

I whipped up a homemade spray using HSR and I like it. I have about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the conditioner + 1 tsp rosemary hair oil or jojoba + distilled water (about 6 oz.) I stir it briskly with a fork and then put it in an 8 oz mister, topping it off with more distilled water if needed. I like the way it sprays out. Kinda like the consistency of S-Curl.

White Camellia is pretty much like HSR, just smells different. GPB is creamier and I love the softness it leaves in my hair. You might not like the smell however, and you have to judge how well your hair handles protein. I have never used Island Naturals. I've heard great things, except I hear the smell is spicy.

As far as ingredients go, are your requirements only that it is cone and paraben free? If so, try:

Kiss My Face Whenever or Miss Treated shampoo/conditioner
Nature's Gate Organics (I've heard good things about the Chamomile & Lemon Verbena Conditioner, but I don't know about the shampoo.)
Giovanni Smooth As Silk
Giovanni Triple Treat
Giovanni 50/50

HTH!

Re: Calling all Aubrey's & Giovanni users!!!! Sherrylove, Cichelle, and the rest of y

Thanks girls! I appreciate your responses...off to Whole Foods tomorrow!

Back