Calling ALL 3C's and Above, Straight Style Options

MizaniMami

Hey ladies,

I am calling all 3c's and above (nappier, kinkier, coarser, whatever). What are you straight style options, preferable low heat. Examples: rollerwraps, regular wraps, straight ponies, whatever?

Does it work for you? How long did it take you to perfect it?

I am looking for ways where I can style my hair down, or straight and it still looks silky. I am starting to despise my ponytail.:perplexed

All recommendations are welcomed.

I use a FHI ceramic flat iron and that leaves my hair very silky. To minimize the amount of heat I use on my hair I don't blow dry it. Instead I let it air dry in two braids which straightens it out a bit and plat iron it the next morning. Also I add a leave in (Jessicurl Aloaba) when it is wet and let it dry with that in it. That helps protect my hair from the heat but doesn't leave my hair oily like most heat protectants do.

I do a rollerwrap. I wouldn't consider it low heat though because I set under a bonnet dryer AND flat iron but I only do this once a week. ( which is still a lot but a drastic change from when I was flat ironing EVERY DAY. )

HI, I just discovered a whole new world... I roll my hair in very large Jet Set rollers (no pins or clips needed) and sit under an Ionic brand soft bonnet dryer for 15-17mins while varying the heat setting between high/hot and cool. Afterward I just bump my roots with a small T3 flat iron and out the door.

It's not no heat, but it is mostly indirect heat, and very FAST. The larger rollers minimize the curl.

Hi Mizani!

I'm a 4a and i rollerset my hair all the time, its the only way I dry my hair... and it really helps me keep a smooth look at until week 12 when i relax. I use heat from week 8-12 because it helps my newgrowth straighten out. but i airdry my rollersets the other weeks and they come very smooth.

MizaniMami said:
Hey ladies,

I am calling all 3c's and above (nappier, kinkier, coarser, whatever). What are you straight style options, preferable low heat. Examples: rollerwraps, regular wraps, straight ponies, whatever?

Does it work for you? How long did it take you to perfect it?

I am looking for ways where I can style my hair down, or straight and it still looks silky. I am starting to despise my ponytail.:perplexed

All recommendations are welcomed.

I do roller sets and wraps. No more ponies because it broke my hair in the front. Now I do a side part with a big clip in the back. Not very exciting.

You only want it straight? What about bantu knots? I start doing that 3 days after my doobie . I make 2-4 knots and then I get a little wave effect. Almost like I put some rollers in my hair again.

FlyyGyrl said:
Satin scarf method. Gets the NG straight w/o heat. It took me a few tries to get it right.
FlyyGyrl, are you using the satin scarf method that Sylver2 does - tying the hair in front and rolling up the hair that's hanging in the back on rollers? Or are you doing something different?

Back